I implemented your suggestion in "Attack" this weekend to open with a two unit bet in a 2dk game (s17, das). This posed several problems with doubles and following bets when the TC did not justify the bet.

First of all, in 14 hours of play I had only a few TC-2's to support a double from 2 to 4 units. Since Playing 2 units was already equivalent to a doubled bet, I generally avoided the double against everything but dealer stiffs. Is this playing to carefull at the top of the shoe? Do you have an indice for when to double the first bet.

Secondly, when I won the opening bet I was generally faced with the issue of whether to let it ride or chip down. Typically the TC would drop into negative when I won with high cards. What to do...what to do! Again I generally chipped down to one unit when the TC went negative and let it ride otherwise. Is there any rule of thumb or insight you can pass on to me for this play?

Ps. I did win this weekend armed with all my new information. It was especially helpful to know waht to do with the A-7. Thanks!