Thread: aria_hmmm: ARIA--whats up with them again on PLAYS

aria_hmmm

aria_hmmm: ARIA--whats up with them again on PLAYS

i reported once that when i first went to Aria when they opened, a hit on 17 vs. i think a dealer 10, cause i figured i wouldnt win by staying (the way the cards had been going with hot dealer streaks), so might as well gamble on a low card--ended up busting i think...-- THAT play triggered an immediate pit boss CALL on the phone "somewhere"...

well---- i played the other day for not even a few rounds double deck, and different asian boss lady came to table when dealer called "staying on 7". (who cares what i do ! )

( i had a 4,3 vs. 9--the dealer had been winning all the hands again, so i hunched that i probably wouldnt win even if i hit, so i stayed, and hoped the dealer didnt have a proverbial 10 in the hole, and would indeed bust--i wasn't even paying attention o to any count at that point---. to my luck, that is exactly what happened, after the next player ate up a bunch of cards; dealer busted.

well WHY IN THE WORLD would some fool staying on a total of 7 vs. dealer 9 trigger an immediate phone call AGAIN! what the heck is up with ARIA?? whats the point of playing to kill time when ur bored, if u cant even play how u want, even if it is a stupid play? they should welcome morons like that to the tables with open arms. i might as well stay home and contemplate my navel.

Parker

Parker: Nothing out ot the ordinary

It is standard procedure for dealers to alert the pit whenever someone is making unusual plays. A player may make a boneheaded play (such as standing on 7) and then after losing claim that the dealer misunderstood ("What idiot stands on a 7? Of course I meant to hit!").

Or, a player might be making plays that appear on the surface to be clueless when in fact they are not, because the player has knowledge of upcoming cards, the dealer's hole card, etc. This would be something that pit would want to know about.

Besides, if you're attempting to exploit streaks and not counting, you're just gambling, so who cares?

jblaze

jblaze: side note on Aria

I went into a non-Aria MGM establishment and was told Aria had notes on me. I had been backed off/ unofficially barred from other MGM properties (using a Player's Card at those places) but never gave a card or ID to Aria. I actually received no visible scrutiny at Aria. I can only think that facial recognition is improving.

> It is standard procedure for dealers to alert the pit
    > whenever someone is making unusual plays. A player may
    > make a boneheaded play (such as standing on 7) and
    > then after losing claim that the dealer misunderstood
    > ("What idiot stands on a 7? Of course I meant to
    > hit!").

> Or, a player might be making plays that appear on the
    > surface to be clueless when in fact they are not,
    > because the player has knowledge of upcoming cards,
    > the dealer's hole card, etc. This would be something
    > that pit would want to know about.

> Besides, if you're attempting to exploit streaks and
    > not counting, you're just gambling, so who cares?

WRX

WRX: I don't know if you had a good reason for these plays...

...but some of us are very glad that there are gamblers out there making them!