Thread: Bettie: Show to catch

Bettie

Bettie: Show to catch

Hey all; Vik and I were the recipients of some freebie passes to the VIP opening last weekend of "Little Legends" at the Krave Theatre, and I wanted to let you guys know about it. First off, it's a celebrity impersonator show. Yawn, right? The twist is that all of the impersonators are little people! So, yeah, we were hooked. (We once saw Mini-KISS perform at Hard Rock, and they were awesome!)

I thought the show was really good overall, but a few of the performers are really not that good. The show starts off with Tina Turner - physically, a dead ringer (except for that whole under 4 feet tall thing), but a bad lip syncher. Yes, there is some lip synching, though some actual singing as well. Next up, Alanis Morisette, played by the most talented of the lot, this woman actually sings, and she plays more than one character, essentially carrying the show, as far as performances go (more on this in a bit).

There are also appearances by Dean Martin, Elvis, Michael Jackson, Milli Vanilli, Madonna, and Britney Spears (the last two are also done by the main performer), and the Britney songs are a medley where the performer strips down her outfits to match each Britney video. There is also a Sonny and Cher duet, and Cher is played by the regular-height emcee of the show. Who's a guy. And a flaming homosexual. It's hysterical, really!

The emcee is the best part about this show, and he truly carries it; I laughed constantly while he was on stage. Every appearance has him in a different Liberace-type jacket (except for the Cher bit; and I'm pretty impressed that he can walk in stripper heels that tall!), and he plays up the gay persona with flair, teasing straight men, making jokes about his wife, "Chuck," etc. He's very Uncle Arthur from "Bewitched." In fact, at one point the theme music starts to play while he looks for a volunteer (he also does some magic), and it's a perfect fit.

When we were there, he selected a "volunteer" from the audience for a card trick, and when the guy was finally on the stage, it was discovered that the man didn't speak any English. Like an improv pro, the emcee kept it all going, making fun of the guy in a nice way, and making the trick work anyway. He did a really good job with what could have been a disaster for a less experienced performer.

I have no idea what the show will cost - I hear about $45 - and it runs Tuesday through Saturday at 5pm. I think; I don't see anything on the Krave website yet. Be prepared for a very gay-friendly crowd, as Krave is a gay bar and this show is all kitsch. If you get the chance, catch it just for the fun of it. Krave is at the corner of Harmon and the Strip, accesible from the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood.

Bettie

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Little people huh ...

> The twist is that all of the impersonators are little people!

Send HollyD over. I'm sure when he tires of counting 'tards he can find something there to amuse himself.

[Come on now BP, I just wanted you to know I read the book.]