Thread: Bettie: Coolest store in town

Bettie

Bettie: Coolest store in town

Was running an errand at the Aladdin's Desert Passage mall, which is now techinically Planet Hollywood's Miracle Mile mall. Passed by a store that I'd never seen before and was drawn in like a moth to a flame. The first ever Bettie Page store!

It has racks of clothing inspired by Bettie (link below), along with the ever-awesome 50's-inspired shoes and various men's and women's shirts with pix of Bettie on them. The best part about this store, IMO, is that ALL of the Bettie Page art on the shirts/decks of cards, etc. is specifically by Olivia, hands-down the best pin-up artist since Vargas. Her work is amazing and ranges from simply sweet poses such as Vargas used to do to very naughty S and M influenced pieces. Her models include Pamela Anderson, Dita Von Teese, Playmates of the Year Tiffany Fallon, Shannon Tweed and Heather Kozar, and Masuimi Max, among others. Still, it's her Bettie Page work for which she is probably most known.

The store had opened just the day before when I was there, and the official grand opening will be the first weekend of April, when Olivia will actually be there to sign autographs. Her books are there to buy, along with her latest calendar, so those can be signed if you're interested. Some original paintings hang on the walls, along with limited-edition posters. The best thing in the entire store, though, is a copy of Olivia's book, "Bettie Page by Olivia" that is signed by both Olivia and Bettie Page herself! Only 300 of these were signed by Ms. Page and if the price weren't so high (I think she said $350), and I didn't already have a copy of the book signed by Olivia, I'd snatch it up.

At any rate, I'll definitely be stopping by to meet Olivia, and if you like Bettie Page, pin-up art, or just the whole rockabilly fashion scene, you should stop by, too!

Bettie

Bettie

Bettie: Re: Coolest store in town

> The first ever Bettie Page store!

An article on the store appeared in today's LVRJ, and a link to that article is below. I went today to get Olivia's autograph and the store was busy with the Rockabilly crowd in town for Viva Las Vegas weekend.

Bettie