I stayed at the Las Vegas Club this week in the South tower.

Unfortunately, during the whole stay one or the other of the two elevators did not work. It took a very long (hot) time to get to my room. The elevator stopped on every floor going up and every floor going down regardless of whether there were any passengers on any particular floor.

Finally they shut down both elevators and left a sign that said to use the service elevator. They did not indicate where the service elevator was located. There was an Israeli woman there who said her English was bad and couldn't figure out what the posted sign meant. I told her not to worry about it because it didn't make any sense anyway.

So I told her I would take care of the situation and proceeded to ask four of the LVC employees where the service elevator was. I got four different answers, none of which was correct or satisfactory. Finally the Israeli woman spotted a maintenance man who took us to the service elevator. I subsequently found out from my fellow BJ21 players that a service elevator is usually by the hotel kitchen(s).

The LVC is one of the few Las Vegas hotels I have never stayed in and now I know why.