Thread: Wildcard: plasma TV ? - non-gambling

Wildcard

Wildcard: plasma TV ? - non-gambling

I'm about to take the plunge and go HD. I've decided to go plasma and the Panasonic 50" has really caught my eye. The model # is 50PX60U, goes for about $3.5k. Among the several features, the resolution is 1377/768. The 42" model is 1024/768 and has fewer "bells and whistles", it's in the $2.5k range.

Just trying to get best bang for the buck.

If anyone has this model, I'd appreciate any input or comments. Reviews I've read rave about this TV.

Thanks,
    WC

kbp

kbp: Re: plasma TV ? - non-gambling

I don't have either of these TVs, but they are very highly thought of amongst those who are into AV stuff. Rates very high on the "bang for the buck" scale. The link is to a great forum for audio/visual stuff.

Scroll down and go to "Plasma and LCD Flat Panel Displays" and search. You can read for days on the Panasonics.

BTW, Hi-Definition TV on a plasma is AWESOME! It'll be hard to watch standard-definition TV after watching a lot of HD.

Wildcard

Wildcard: thanks for the link kbp

Lot's of good stuff there.

I've just about decided to go with the Panasonic 50", model TH50PX60U. A bit pricey at $3.5k, but I think this one is the way to go. You're right about watching HD on plasma, the picture is just incredible.

Thanks again.