Thread: badgerboyXXI: stardust?

badgerboyXXI

badgerboyXXI: stardust?

Will be coming to Vegas in April and am considering staying at the Stardust. I've played BJ there many times, always finding mediocre double-deck games, but I've never stayed there. I only require a room that is clean and quiet. Does the Stardust qualify? I have some concerns because I understand the place is going to be imploded to make room for a new Boyd Gaming project. Thanks

Parker

Parker: Re: stardust?

> Will be coming to Vegas in April and am considering
    > staying at the Stardust. I've played BJ there many
    > times, always finding mediocre double-deck games, but
    > I've never stayed there. I only require a room that is
    > clean and quiet. Does the Stardust qualify? I have
    > some concerns because I understand the place is going
    > to be imploded to make room for a new Boyd Gaming
    > project. Thanks

The implosion won't happen for at least a year, and plans are to retain all current employees. Obviously they aren't about to start any renovation projects, but fortunately the rooms are in good condition, clean and well-maintained.

While they do not have the same level of luxury as Bellagio, Mirage, etc., they are reasonably large with good-sized bathrooms and amenities such as in-room safes. The rooms are nicer than any of the downtown joints with the exception of the Golden Nugget.

I think you will find them more than adequate.

Bettie

Bettie: word of warning

No idea if employees will be more lax or more uptight about it, but do not play here if you count and your act isn't 101% perfect. Stardust backs people off like they get paid to do so, and like to wait until you're down to do it. If you don't count there, then you won't risk your room to their paranoia. I know a half-dozen people who have played all over town and then some, and only the Stardust ever backed them off.

Bettie

Parker

Parker: And another

Gee, I'm still okay at the Stardust (I think). My act must be pretty good . . . . . or my game is weak. :-)

However, they also have a nasty habit of sending out juicy room comp offers in the mail which neglect to mention that comp points will be deducted when you take advantage of one of these offers.

If you don't have enough comp points to cover the room, no problem, they just deduct them anyway - giving you a negative balance.

So, when you check into your room, play a short session and ask for a meal comp, you are informed that you can't get anything until you play more and get out of the hole.

This kinda sucks.

But the rooms are okay.