Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
If you have sufficient bankroll, you take it. I mean, after all, all your playing is treading water more or less waiting for that big wave (long plus count) to come in. You ride it- sometimes you look like a movie star-- sometimes you "wipe out." I can't begin to tell you how many times the plus count was killing me and the last few rounds got it all back.

In that regard, I know what you are talking about, and I have no science to back it up. Sometimes the cards seem to be against you. We know that a normal dealer shuffle does not cause a random distribution of the cards; it takes seven passes to do that. We also know that a shoe can be set up so that the house or player wins no matter what boneheaded or smart plays are made (look up information on "coolers"). It makes me wonder, if the cards ever get to such a state as to cause you to lose most of the hands, will the lack of truly random shuffling possibly cause them to remain in that deadly configuration for several shoes? I am just throwing that out there-- I don't have a shred of evidence to support it. Call it ploppy or voodoo, but I have been known to change tables when thing go badly enough south in terms of hand winning ability shoe after shoe, but mind you, never in the middle of a plus count, only after the fact.
I would think it is possible. I once had a guy say he is going to make the Jack of hearts jump
out of the deck and shoot cider in my left ear. I said 5 says no way. Shortly after that I
was cleaning cider out of my left ear!! Now, everytime I see the J of H I turn my left ear
away!