Thread: litcrit: traffic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bettie

Bettie: Re: Rental cars

> Where did you get this idea? I do it all the time. Out
    > of state is no problem, although they do frown on
    > leaving the country.

Parker's right. Though car rental agencies will usually ask you if you plan to go out of state, I'm not sure why. I wasn't even charged any sort of a higher rate when I picked up in Las Vegas and drove to Palm Springs, CA and dropped off (I was picking up my new car in CA and driving it back to LV). That's the only time I've gone across state lines, but I had dinner with friends just last night who drove their rental in from AZ, no problem.

Bettie

Geoff Hall

Geoff Hall: Re: Rental cars

> Parker's right. Though car rental agencies will
    > usually ask you if you plan to go out of state, I'm
    > not sure why. I wasn't even charged any sort of a
    > higher rate when I picked up in Las Vegas and drove to
    > Palm Springs, CA and dropped off (I was picking up my
    > new car in CA and driving it back to LV). That's the
    > only time I've gone across state lines, but I had
    > dinner with friends just last night who drove their
    > rental in from AZ, no problem.

> Bettie

I rented a car and drove from Kansas City to Las Vegas - I only had to pay a small charge for dropping off at a different place to my pickup point.

I usually rent while I'm in Las Vegas and, from my experience, they allow you to drive to California and Arizona (maybe others) without notice. If you wish to drive further than these states then you have to notify them.

I found 'Thrifty' to be good value and they gave me an upgrade of a Limited Chrysler 300 for just an extra $8 per day. Service was excellent.

However, I always respect Parker's advice on Las Vegas, so will be checking the 'Alamo' pricelist when I return next month.

Best regards

Geoff