I wasn't sure whether to post this on BJ or Vegas page, but here goes. I haven't seen a post detailing this problem on any of the BJ boards, but it really puts a burr up my butt and I want to make sure others are aware of the change.

I have been playing downtown for several years, prefer SD & 2D games, play red 1 - 6 spread using KO.

Two trips ago I was taken aback when at the Las Vegas Club the dealer shuffled up after only one round to 5 players. The LVC had always been a favorite place to play SD BJ. This was not long after Barrick had taken over ownership of the LVC, Plaza, Gold Spike, and Western. At first I thought it was a mistake, but then it happened again. I asked the dealer what was going on, and he said they recently received "THE MEMO'. He explained it now only allowed them to deal one round to more than 4 players.

Well, I was flabbergasted, to say the least. Rule of 6 is pretty common, but I had never heard of it preventing 2 rounds to be dealt to a full table. The good news was that now LVC was offering 2D with DAS $5 games, perhaps to make up for it?

Same trip went to Gold Spike, same as always, 2 rounds to up to 7 players. So maybe it was a temporary fluke and they would come to their senses. Right.

Went back a couple months later, dang if the LVC was still screwing full tables with one round & a shuffle. Ok fine, I can still get a good game with a bad smell at the Gold Spike.

Guess what? New tables at the Spike, no more 7-spotters, and shuffle up after one round to 5 people. I spent some time talking to the pit there about it. "We do Rule of 6 so we don't run out of cards." I used to come here and you dealt 2 rounds to 7 players and you never ran out of cards then. "Well now we have 6 spots so it's Rule of 6."

LOL!!

So even the locals are being screwed by Barrick.

Now that the Shoe has gone 6:5 with new mismangement, it looks like double deck is the only fair game left downtown. I'm going back in a couple weeks and look forward to my trip, but Barrick has taken away many of the best SD games I used to so enjoy. I hope they are making lots of money from those of us no longer playing their games.

Downtown Vegas used to be the place to go for low rollers who wanted to play SD BJ. Thanks to Barrick & Becky we may have lost it forever.

Jay