Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SpiderMan: Where is the best NY steak in town?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bfbagain

bfbagain: Really? Here's two

Personally I've never had a good NY strip in a restaurant so I always go with the filet.

Here's two for you. Gallaghers at NYNY. And AJs at the Hard Rock.

I'd put those two versions of NY Strip against any steak house in the country! Really.

Gallaghers first, then AJs. I usually eat filet also, but in Vegas...well, these are unbelievable steaks.

But hey, I come from the land of Gene and Georgetti's, Mortons, Eli's, and a host of other phenomenal steak restaurants, so I'm a little biased.

Try it.

cheers
    bfb

Bettie

Bettie: AJs? Really?

> Personally I've never had a good NY strip
    > in a restaurant so I always go with the
    > filet. Here's two for you. Gallaghers at
    > NYNY. And AJs at the Hard Rock.

We had a pretty bad experience at AJs and haven't been back since. Viktor's steak was flavorless and overcooked, as was my salmon. The waitstaff acted like they were better than us, the customers were pretentious assholes, and the pianist wasn't in that night. At those prices, I'm not about to go back and see if it was a one-time thing. I have much more fun at Simon, and I've never had a bad meal there.

Bettie

bfbagain

bfbagain: Wow! I don't blame

you. I'm pretty hard on places that are relatively expensive that give both bad service, and food that's questionable.

What's funny here, is that's why I probably won't eat at "Simon's" again, for some of the very same reasons.

Not only is Simon's extraordinarily loud, (not that AJs isn't) but it's a little "too" California for me. (I'm also not fond of California Kitchens either. )

But boy I sure do agree about the Little Budda! It's one of my favorite sushi places in Vegas. While I'm mentioning the Palms, the Nine Steakhouse is pretty lame. It's also lame at it's original location. The Ghostbar, however, is way above the clouds (no pun intended) to it's original counterpart.

And I agree with you on Austins, and with Parker on the Embers at the IP.

But for old world elegance, service, and food, if you haven't been to Michaels.... This may be Vegas' best kept secret. And no wonder! Who'd a thunk it....being inside the barbaric coast.

What I'm really interested in though, are some fanatastic Szechuan restaurants. There used to be a really great one (originally from LA) on west Spring Mountain, but they sold out a couple of years ago.

Know any?

Thanks. BTW, any word on my inquiry?

cheers
    bfb

Bettie

Bettie: Check your e-mail *NM*

bfbagain

bfbagain: Check your e-mail-you too :) *NM*

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Re: AJs? Really?

> The waitstaff acted like they were better
    > than us ...

Maybe they are! I mean elevating yourself past 'degenerate ST'ing gambler' status ain't that hard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123