Thread: Battery: Bettie - know anything about a Flamingo problem?

Battery

Battery: Bettie - know anything about a Flamingo problem?

Bettie

There was an item on the local news last night about how over sixty people became ill and needed medical attention at the Flamingo yesterday.

I am unable to find anything in the Review-Journal or elsewhere. Can you pass on any news?

Minnesota Fats

Minnesota Fats: Re: Bettie - know anything about a Flamingo proble

Here's a link:

BJforBooze

BJforBooze: Flamingo problem. LVRJ link

Battery

Battery: Re: Bettie - know anything about a Flamingo proble

> Here's a link:

Thanks, I only checked the Monday edition.

Bettie

Bettie: Re: Bettie - know anything about a Flamingo proble

I wasn't ignoring you; I didn't really look at the boards too much yesterday. Anyway, it looks like you have all of the info you need.

Best,
    Bettie

Bettie

Bettie: Virus Identified

From today's LVRJ:

Specimens collected from sick guests and employees at the Flamingo Las Vegas confirm that a norovirus is responsible for a gastrointestinal illness that has affected more than 250 people, the Clark County Health District reported Tuesday.

Robert Stewart, a spokesman for Caesar's Entertainment, which owns the Flamingo, said notes are being placed in each of the hotel's 3,500 guest rooms, alerting guests to the presence of the virus.

About two-thirds of those affected by the virus are employees, said Stewart, adding that no one has been hospitalized by the outbreak.

Stewart said special solutions are being used throughout the hotel to kill the virus.

Vomiting, diarrhea, nausea and abdominal cramps are symptoms of noroviruses, which are highly contagious and spread from person to person through direct contact with a surface contaminated by the virus.

Dave Tonelli, a spokesman for the health district, said the best defense against the illness is proper handwashing.

Victoria

Victoria: Re: Virus Identified

What they are not telling you is that the Virus is caused by Mindplay 21. All those electrons and photos, special chips and marked cards cause sickness not only for players but employees only. The place must be shut down for public safety, making sure the disease does not spread, till Mindplay is removed and destroyed at a hazard waste removal plant.

Victoria

Saboteur

Saboteur: I tried that, but the cards got really soggy

"Dave Tonelli, a spokesman for the health district, said the best defense against the illness is proper handwashing."