Thread: Battery: Horseshoe restaurant question

Battery

Battery: Horseshoe restaurant question

Is the basement coffee shop still a good place to get a burger and was Harrah's smart enough to not make any changes to the 24th floor steakhouse?

Parker

Parker: Re: Horseshoe restaurant question

> Is the basement coffee shop still a good
    > place to get a burger and was Harrah's smart
    > enough to not make any changes to the 24th
    > floor steakhouse?

Disclaimer: I haven't eaten at either place since they re-opened.

I did walk through, and took a look at the coffee shop menu, as well as the food on some of the customers plates.

The former manager, along with most of the staff, was retained at the Steak House, so I would not expect any major changes. I do know that they did some remodeling, including removing the paintings of Old West outlaws that adorned the walls.

There is a new menu at the basement coffee shop, and the late-night steak special and the BBQ rib dinner are gone. The do still offer a reasonably priced burger, and hopefully can present it without screwing up.

The same cannot be said for the snackbars. The grills have been removed, so no more late-night cheesburgers at the snack bar. The beans & ham are also gone, and the Horseshoe chili has been replaced with some ungodly concoction that actually has beans in it.

All of which is really irrelevant. Since there are no games worth playing, it becomes impossible to earn comps.