> Does anybody know, is there a significant
> differnence between rooms in the south tower
> and the north tower at the Las Vegas Club?

> What is the best place to look for cheap
> hotel deals downtown? Besides El Cortez or
> The Western.

The north tower at LVC is newer than the south tower, but the south tower has been renovated not too long ago. The furniture in the north tower is newer. The north tower king rooms have a sofa and coffee table, while the south tower king rooms have a small dining table and a couple of chairs.

The north tower is further away from the Fremont Street Experience than the south tower, which might be a concern if you plan on sleeping between 7-12 pm.

The hotel considers the north tower rooms nicer and charges a small premium for them. Personally, I don't think it's worth it - the south tower rooms suit me just fine.

The Las Vegas Club, Horseshoe, Fitzgerald's, Four Queens, Plaza, Fremont, California, and Main St. Station all have rooms that are similar in quality - a little on the smallish side, but clean, well-maintained and comfortable. I've found all of them to be adequate for my modest needs.

The Golden Gate is an interesting place to stay. Some of the rooms are part of the original hotel, built in 1906. The rooms are tiny, really tiny, even by downtown standards. You only get two twin beds or a single queen bed because any larger combination would not physically fit in the room. Still, they have niceties like coffee makers and dataports on the phones, and are actually quite cozy, providing you have no claustrophobic tendencies.