Thread: zazen: SD at Green Valley station

zazen

zazen: SD at Green Valley station

the green valley station has SD with about 50% pen. and $5 or $10 minimums, and the catch is a 6/5 bj payout. keeping a high low count, rather conspicuosly and dropping out of bad counts, with no more than 5x bet fluctuations, should i worry about getting in trouble? and what is the % loss due to the lower bj payout?

Parker

Parker: Do not play!

> the green valley station has SD with about
    > 50% pen. and $5 or $10 minimums, and the
    > catch is a 6/5 bj payout. keeping a high low
    > count, rather conspicuosly and dropping out
    > of bad counts, with no more than 5x bet
    > fluctuations, should i worry about getting
    > in trouble? and what is the % loss due to
    > the lower bj payout?

Do not play this bastardization of the game of blackjack - you cannot beat it. The 6:5 BJ is HUGE - it costs you around 1.4%. The off-the-top house edge is a whopping 1.45%!

And if that isn't bad enough, since a blackjack is not as valuable, counting does not work as well. In other words, you no longer have a 1% advantage at a true count of +2, but something considerably less.

You are far, far better off playing the six deck shoe games there.

This is a sucker game of the worst sort - even worse than SuperFun 21.

You will not get any heat if you are foolish enough to play, simply because the pit knows that the game cannot be beaten.

Nash Rambler

Nash Rambler: Re: Do not play!

You will not get any heat if you are foolish
    enough to play, simply because the pit knows
    that the game cannot be beaten.

Ridiculous as it sounds, you will get a lot of heat at this game if you spread your bets. I don't think the average pit boss is smart enough to realize how bad the game is, and they worry about people counting this game.

RANMAN

RANMAN: Be Really Careful

> You will not get any heat if you are
    > foolish
    > enough to play, simply because the pit knows
    > that the game cannot be beaten. Ridiculous
    > as it sounds, you will get a lot of heat at
    > this game if you spread your bets. I don't
    > think the average pit boss is smart enough
    > to realize how bad the game is, and they
    > worry about people counting this game.

These SF21 and 6/5 BJ games are all over the place and some are truly difficult to determine whether they are real SD BJ or not. Telling signs are an information sheet posted to one side of the dealer or even a better clue is the lack of people playing! I knew what I was trying to avoid and still found it difficult to tell on some of these games. Be very careful!

MethodMan

MethodMan: Re: Do not play!

But they still get paranoid like they always do,so hence you may as well play 2dk or 6dk.An advantage game though with stay on 17.