Thread: Mike H: CVData Ace Side Count Adjustment

Mike H

Mike H: CVData Ace Side Count Adjustment

I don't know what it is but whenever I set the Ace Side Count Adjustment the results don't make sense. I'm using an unbalanced count such as BRH-II in running count mode. A 1-6 bet spread with no cover in a 2 Deck H17 DAS LS 52/104 play all game. The unit size is 15. I ran 3 sims of 2 billion rounds each. Ace Side Count Adjustments of 0, 2, and 30 produce SCOREs of 16.80, 16.71, and 16.51 respectively. Yes Don I attempted to follow your criteria for SCORE as outlined in BJA3... 3 players, 3'rd base, Catch22 indices, full Kelly betting with a 10K bank, etc. My results are nowhere near the Hi-Lo SCORE of 26.92 on page 266. Another simulation program gave me a SCORE of 14.2 with no Ace adjustment and a SCORE of 15.5 counting the Ace as -1 for balanced true count betting. I attempted a betting side count with CVData and SCORE was 8.58. Now I'm trying UBZen2 and looks like the SCORE will be around 17.5.

Can someone run a sim with their system, I18 and Fab4 indices, 3 players, 2 Deck H17 DAS LS 50% penetration and give me a SCORE in the neighborhood of 27 just so I know it's me and not a blackjack conspiracy.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: CVData Ace Side Count Adjustment

Ace side counts are designed for ace-neutral counts. It's possible to use an ace SC with an ace-reckoned count. But it requires different indexes and no one does it anymore. I've also never heard of anyone using it for an unbalanced count. Although, technically it should work. I don't support it though. It's easy to support -- just never occurred to me.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: CVData Ace Side Count Adjustment

> Can someone run a sim with their system, I18 and Fab4
    > indices, 3 players, 2 Deck H17 DAS LS 50% penetration
    > and give me a SCORE in the neighborhood of 27 just so
    > I know it's me and not a blackjack conspiracy.

SCORE is about $28-$29. With $15 unit (a bit below optimal), hourly win is about $24.50.

Don

Mike H

Mike H: Re: CVData Ace Side Count Adjustment

> Ace side counts are designed for ace-neutral counts.
    > It's possible to use an ace SC with an ace-reckoned
    > count. But it requires different indexes and no one
    > does it anymore. I've also never heard of anyone using
    > it for an unbalanced count. Although, technically it
    > should work. I don't support it though. It's easy to
    > support -- just never occurred to me.

This is an unbalanced level 2 ace-neutral count with the same balance/ pivot as UBZen2 but the Ace counts as 0. The idea is to have a running count for playing and insurance decisions and the betting strategy can be determined in one of two ways. You can use an ace rich/ poor adjustment or you can balance the count by assigning a negative value to the ace (in this case -1) to allow true count betting.

I think both betting methods are viable and they seem to be a natural capability to include in CVData. Both the Ace Side Count Adjustment and the Betting Side Count should, in my opinion, work with unbalanced counts.

Mike H

Mike H: Thanks *NM*

Norm Wattenberger

Never thought of complicating an unbalanced count in this manner. It should be a simple change as I just have to move the code to work for both balanced and unbalanced. I have to get CVBJ V5 out first.

> This is an unbalanced level 2 ace-neutral count with
    > the same balance/ pivot as UBZen2 but the Ace counts
    > as 0. The idea is to have a running count for playing
    > and insurance decisions and the betting strategy can
    > be determined in one of two ways. You can use an ace
    > rich/ poor adjustment or you can balance the count by
    > assigning a negative value to the ace (in this case
    > -1) to allow true count betting.

> I think both betting methods are viable and they seem
    > to be a natural capability to include in CVData. Both
    > the Ace Side Count Adjustment and the Betting Side
    > Count should, in my opinion, work with unbalanced
    > counts.

Mike H

Norm or Don can I send you the file or something because my results are still lower than what they should be.

Norm Wattenberger

Use Tools-Export and send me the file.

> Norm or Don can I send you the file or something
    > because my results are still lower than what they
    > should be.

Mike H

Thanks for the help Norm- I'm guessing it had something to do with using the wrong set of rules. From now on I'll make sure to use the Complete Basic Strategy as the template for any user defined strategies.