Thread: Joe Wilson: Question for Norm

Joe Wilson

Joe Wilson: Question for Norm

Norm,

I have a question for you regarding CVData and/or CVCX.

What I am trying to do is evaluate the game "Blackjack Streak." I would like to compare the EV for different counting strategies for the game.

I think what is needed is the ability to simulate starting a streak at a certain count and see how often the streak (2 wins in a row, 3 wins, 4 wins and 5 wins) occur. I know that CVCX will provide the EV at certain counts, but what I don't know is how the count varies from hand to hand. For example, given a certain count (say Hi Lo +6)for a certain game, the EV of win/loss is 3%.

At this point should we make the streak bets because the game has a positive EV?. However, what I can't determine is whether I should start at +6, or wait to start at +7 due to the fact that the next hand will invariably have a different count.

The bottom line, what count should I start playing the streak and is there any way to simulate this with CVData or CVCX?

Thanks and Regards,

Joe

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Streak Bet

This bet is supported in CVData V4 which is currently in testing.

Joe Wilson

Joe Wilson: Re: Streak Bet

> This bet is supported in CVData V4 which is currently
    > in testing.

Thanks!!! Any word on release date?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Streak Bet

Sorry I never know when I'm going to be done until I'm done