Thread: McQuay: CVCX question - and a couple others

McQuay

McQuay: CVCX question - and a couple others

I've been comparing the included HiOptII sims with the HiLo system I use (inputed only the indices I use to get an accurate picture of what I can expect)and was wondering if there is a way to view the tables the included sims use.

I'm not that familiar with the HiOptII but it looks like it performs significantly better in the 2d H17 DAS 50-60% pen. game. I may contemplate making the switch.

I'm wondering if I could use some form of ace side count with the HiLo and how much that would help. Does anyone think it would be worthwhile to make the switch to HiOptII? Since the HiLo is basically the industry standard and most books are written with it in mind I'm a little leary about crossing over. But the increase in pay certainly looks appealing!

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Some answers

> I've been comparing the included HiOptII sims with the
    > HiLo system I use (inputed only the indices I use to
    > get an accurate picture of what I can expect)and was
    > wondering if there is a way to view the tables the
    > included sims use.

The tables used in the included sims are the tables in the included strategies. The are straight out of the respective books (with each author's permission.)

> I'm not that familiar with the HiOptII but it looks
    > like it performs significantly better in the 2d H17
    > DAS 50-60% pen. game. I may contemplate making the
    > switch.

> I'm wondering if I could use some form of ace side
    > count with the HiLo and how much that would help. Does
    > anyone think it would be worthwhile to make the switch
    > to HiOptII? Since the HiLo is basically the industry
    > standard and most books are written with it in mind
    > I'm a little leary about crossing over. But the
    > increase in pay certainly looks appealing!

A side count can be used with HiLo for playing purposes. However, the indexes change when you use a side count for Ace-Reckoned strategies (strategies where the Ace is counted as a negative.) The first edition of Professional Blackjack had index tables for HiLo and I originally included them in CV. They were removed from both because almost no one side counts Aces with HiLo. It is more difficult to side count Aces with HiLo than it is with Hi-opt and just not worth the effort.

Hi-Opt II is certainly superior to HiLo in double deck. It all depends on whether you feel it's worth the effort. Most people these days don't think so.

McQuay

McQuay: One more question

So when running a sim, how do I account for the side count of aces? I can adjust the tables for the indices I would use but am not sure how to (or if I can) input the info for the side count.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: One more question

CVCX doesn't support Ace side counts for Ace-reckoned strategies. Only Ace-neutral strategies, where they are commonly used. Unless you have CVData also. CVData has the ability to handle generic multi-parameter strategies and that function could be used to sim a Ace SC for playing. You can also set it up in CVData and then call CVCX from CVData providing the support in CVCX.

> So when running a sim, how do I account for the side
    > count of aces? I can adjust the tables for the indices
    > I would use but am not sure how to (or if I can) input
    > the info for the side count.