Thread: Some Action: Never-ending splits, advantage or not

Some Action

Some Action: Never-ending splits, advantage or not

Hi

Newbie Canadian player, H17, DAS no hole card, 6 decks. Reading Blackjack Attack (latest softcover...fab info, thanks so much Don) and the advantage tables in the back. The places I play allow infinite splits...or at least until five times because I did it the other day, 3s against a 4. Any math on that as advantage or not.

Also, found some very profound tables by Panama Rick on Lucky Ladies...is there anyone that can do what Don does in his book, ie. "okay, how do we use this info in practical playing" and point me in the direction of when to bet what units at what count.

thanks

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Never-ending splits, advantage or not

> Hi

> Newbie Canadian player, H17, DAS no hole card, 6
    > decks. Reading Blackjack Attack (latest
    > softcover...fab info, thanks so much Don) and the
    > advantage tables in the back. The places I play allow
    > infinite splits...or at least until five times because
    > I did it the other day, 3s against a 4. Any math on
    > that as advantage or not.

Virtually none. Even splitting to four hands instead of three adds almost nothing. Splitting to three hands instead of two is worth a few hundredths, but the increasing rarity of resplitting makes the infinite options worthless.

> Also, found some very profound tables by Panama Rick
    > on Lucky Ladies...is there anyone that can do what Don
    > does in his book, ie. "okay, how do we use this
    > info in practical playing" and point me in the
    > direction of when to bet what units at what count.

Sorry, haven't studied this rule. Does wizardofodds.com help any?

Don

Some Action

Some Action: Re: Never-ending splits, advantage or not

> Virtually none. Even splitting to four hands instead
    > of three adds almost nothing. Splitting to three hands
    > instead of two is worth a few hundredths, but the
    > increasing rarity of resplitting makes the infinite
    > options worthless.

> Sorry, haven't studied this rule. Does
    > wizardofodds.com help any?

> Don

Thanks for the info Don. I'll take a look around and see if I find anything.

SA

ES

ES: Re: Never-ending splits, advantage or not

Whether the existence of a maximum number of splits adversely effects EV or SCORE depends on whether the player is splitting 10s or not, i.e. I18 or S16. Getting, e.g. a 3rd, 4 th, etc. 8 or 9 reduces the probability of getting a 4th, 5th, etc. 8 or 9 much more than getting a 3rd, 4 th, etc. 10 reduces the probability of getting a 4th, 5th, etc. 10. Counterpoint: each additional 10 reduces the count and the favorability or further resplitting and each additional 9 reduces the count and the favorability or further resplitting somewhat.

Francis Salmon

Francis Salmon: You have to recheck after every card

Being allowed to resplit tens indefinately is of course very valuable.Suppose a dealer 6 and a count of +13 and 2.5 decks remaining,you can split once or twice but if you keep getting tens you should leave it there because meanwhile the count has dropped from 5.2 to 4.4.If you get a small card on the second ten you can split again if you get another ten on the remaining hand.

Francis Salmon