Thread: Don Schlesinger: Strange problem

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Strange problem

In burning a CD with files/folders of pictures from My Pictures, I encountered a strange (to me!) problem. Would appreciate some help, please.

The folders were arranged by month, with each containing pictures from that month. On my c drive, if I were to open, say, the March 2005 folder, all the pitures are clearly available inside.

Now, the CD is burned. When I now go to two of my months, March and July, in addition to my original files/folders two new icons mysteriously appear. They were obviously some kind of hidden files that don't show up on my c drive but which, magically (and annoyingly) appear when I burn the CD.

They are: hpothb07 (TIF image) and hpothb07 (Data file).

Questions: 1) What the hell are these? 2) Can I burn the CD such that these files will not appear? 3) Why would they show up in two of the months, but not in any of the others? 4) Are they potentially damaging in any way?

Answers will be greatly appreciated, as always.

Don

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Strange problem

Possibly leftover files from a Hewlett-Packard scanner.