Thread: thanks4thefish: Any sims work with PDA's?

thanks4thefish

thanks4thefish: Any sims work with PDA's?

I have SBA which works great on my home PCs' with Windows 98 & XP.

Are there any sims capable of handling Red 7 that would work with an operating system that is available on PDAs?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Any sims work with PDA's?

Realize that megahertz is meaningless. A PDA and a PC megahertz are not the same. It would take far longer than most people think to run a sim on a PDA.

thanks4thefish

thanks4thefish: Re: Any sims work with PDA's?

> Realize that megahertz is meaningless. A PDA and a PC
    > megahertz are not the same. It would take far longer
    > than most people think to run a sim on a PDA.

I realize it would take longer as PDAs are less powerful, I was more concerned with what platform compatability to an existing sim. Are any platforms that would be compatible with a commercialy available sim?

I'm taking a cruise next year & have been unable to find out the rules so far. I know they'll be pretty bad, I just wanted to experiment with different aggressive spreads to see if I could make a worthwhile game.

Even if the sim took 12hrs or so to run that would be alright, I could always reduce the no. of rounds at the sake of losing some accurate measure of the game.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Any sims work with PDA's?

We're talking weeks, not hours.

thanks4thefish

thanks4thefish: LOL

"We're talking weeks, not hours."

Okay I'm with you now. You're basically saying that PDA's are toys with functions as taxing as a pocket calculator.

Looks like I'll have to buy a laptop, or find a reference chart if such thing exists, that factors rules, no. of decks & pen, & advises spread.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: LOL

Afraid so. These are mini-RISC processors. The advertisements are phony. They talk about megahertz. They don't mention that the functionality in one hertz is completely unrelated. So sure they can handle a typical spreadsheet with several thousand calculations. Not trillions of operations required in a sim.

> "We're talking weeks, not hours."

> Okay I'm with you now. You're basically saying that
    > PDA's are toys with functions as taxing as a pocket
    > calculator.

> Looks like I'll have to buy a laptop, or find a
    > reference chart if such thing exists, that factors
    > rules, no. of decks & pen, & advises spread.