Thread: bigplayer: Firefox 1.5 issues

bigplayer

bigplayer: Firefox 1.5 issues

If you're using Firefox 1.07, don't upgrade yet. Firefox 1.5 has some incompatabilities with some web based Java apps and Shockwave apps. (i.e., many websites which work fine in 1.07 don't work in 1.5).

bp

Magician

Magician: Re: Firefox 1.5 issues

> If you're using Firefox 1.07, don't upgrade yet.
    > Firefox 1.5 has some incompatabilities with some web
    > based Java apps and Shockwave apps. (i.e., many
    > websites which work fine in 1.07 don't work in 1.5).

Can you be more specific? I've been using Firefox 1.5 (release candidate 3, which is identical to the final version) for a few weeks and I haven't noticed any problems.

bigplayer

bigplayer: an example

earthlink's new enhanced webmail does not work with Firefox 1.5 but does work with the older version. We have a private website with a java based enhanced text posting function that does not function on 1.5 but works fine on Firefox 1.0.7 and MSIE.

Steve Wynn's website and IP-Las Vegas websites do not load properly (in fact most flash intensive sites don't load correctly) in either version...but some incompatiblity has always been expected since everyone builds their sites to work with MSIE first.

When I switched back to Firefox 1.0.7 I could again use the sites and programs metioned above, but the Extensions and Themes would no longer function. So I again upgraded back to 1.5 and Themes/Extensions again work but now I have to go back and forth from MSIE to Firefox depending on what site I'm on....a hassle.