Thread: MJ: CVBJ 4 Question

MJ

MJ: CVBJ 4 Question

For users that purchase CVBJ 3 in the next month or so, do they automatically receive version 4 in the mail when it becomes available? I thought I saw a post on BJ21 to that effect. If that is the case then when is the deadline to place an order for version 3???

In order to install version 4 will the user have erase CVBJ 3?

Thanks for any answers Norm.

-MJ

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: CVBJ 4 Question

Any user that purchases V3 now gets V4 for free. That's my standard policy during these periods. V3 and V4 are packaged as separate applications. V4 will create a different icon and the user can switch between them.

norm

> For users that purchase CVBJ 3 in the next month or
    > so, do they automatically receive version 4 in the
    > mail when it becomes available? I thought I saw a post
    > on BJ21 to that effect. If that is the case then when
    > is the deadline to place an order for version 3???

> In order to install version 4 will the user have erase
    > CVBJ 3?

> Thanks for any answers Norm.

> -MJ

ES

ES: v 3 and v 4

Having separate icons for them is a good idea. When will v 4 be available? I will upgrade immediately.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: v 3 and v 4

Depends on when the printers deliver. I don't like to give dates when they depend on the actions of others

> Having separate icons for them is a good idea. When
    > will v 4 be available? I will upgrade immediately.

lagavulin62

lagavulin62: Re: CVBJ 4 Question

> Any user that purchases V3 now gets V4 for free.
    > That's my standard policy during these periods. V3 and
    > V4 are packaged as separate applications. V4 will
    > create a different icon and the user can switch
    > between them.

> norm

to clear it up for the non-programers, does this mean that when I install v4, it will take up twice the space on my hard-drive since I understand you to mean it will not install on top of v3? will my saved strategies and options be transferred onto version 4?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: CVBJ 4 Question

> to clear it up for the non-programers, does this mean
    > that when I install v4, it will take up twice the
    > space on my hard-drive since I understand you to mean
    > it will not install on top of v3? will my saved
    > strategies and options be transferred onto version 4?

Actually, it will take about 15% more space whether or not you uninstall CVBJ3 first. CVBJ V4 will see and use V3 user strategies. But, if you attempt to modify a V4 strategy in V3, you will lose V4 capability. Particularly if you use the new hole-carding and double exposure strategies that are far more complex.

Designated Driver

Designated Driver: Re: CVBJ 4 Question. CVBJ V3 + V4 Free?

I'm sorry to chime in here, but I just want to be crystal clear before I make a significant purchase.

> Any user that purchases V3 now gets V4 for free.
    > That's my standard policy during these periods. V3 and
    > V4 are packaged as separate applications. V4 will
    > create a different icon and the user can switch
    > between them.

> norm

Are you saying that anyone who purchases CVBJ will essentially get both V3 and V4(together, but packaged seperately) for the price of one?

Or I guess another way to say this is that if you purchase V3 now, you will get the V4 upgrade for FREE when it becomes available?

If this is the case, how long will this last? I mean when will you stop selling V3? (I assume that I cannot purchase V4 and get V3 included for FREE after V4 is out and V3 is discontinued).

I am concerned because I want to order the program but also have to wait for my soon to be ordered(later today) copy of Blackjack Attack 3rd Edition to get my Don's Domain discount for future purchases, which comes included with the book.

I had planned to make my order/purchase at the end of the month(November 30th), after receiving my BJA3 book mentioned above and making my coupon-included subscription to Don's Domain.

I hope that this offer will still be available at that time when I am going to order, but if you do not foresee this being the case, could you please respond so that I can adjust my plans and make new arrangements.

I appreciate your understanding in this matter and look forward to eventually owning CVBJ after a long couple years of waiting.

Best regards,
    Desi. D.

P.S. I don't know why, but I just want to say here that I have tried to phone order BJA3 over the last couple of days, but to my great frustration and annoyance the line has been unfortunately and perpetually busy every time I call.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: CVBJ 4 Question. CVBJ V3 + V4 Free?

V4 is now out. V3 is included in V4 for those that wish to use the V3 tournament features.

norm

Designated Driver

Designated Driver: Re: CVBJ 4 Question. CVBJ V3 + V4 Free? Thanks Norm. *NM*