Thread: Norm Wattenberger: New CVCX Release

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: New CVCX Release

A new release of CVCX is available with a rewritten Custom Bets feature. The new feature is much easier to use. The update is free below:

QFIT Downloads

pm

pm: Re: New CVCX Release

Any idea when there'll be a new cut of CVData?

pm

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: New CVCX Release

> Any idea when there'll be a new cut of CVData?

Probably not for awhile. Too many other stuff coming first.

ES

ES: Re: New CVCX Release

Are these of interest to blackjack player? Can you tell us anything about them?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: New CVCX Release

> Are these of interest to blackjack player? Can you
    > tell us anything about them?

Sorry not at this time. I don't like to talk about unreleased products too much until close to release since I switch directions too often.

ES

ES: Can CV Data simulate double exposure?

If so, then how do I either specify double exposure or that player's blackjack always wins?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Can CV Data simulate double exposure?

> If so, then how do I either specify double exposure or
    > that player's blackjack always wins?

Not supported. I wasn't aware Zweikartspiel or BJ always wins were around anymore.

ES

ES: Es gibt Zweikartspiel in Las Vegas und Atlantic City

Translation: There is double exposure in Las Vegas and Atlantic City.

There are only a handful of such games. The basic strategy expectation for DE in AC is a little higher than for regular BJ, but, according to Professional Blackjack, each true count unit in DE is worth more than each true count unit in regular BJ. The basic and count strategies for DE are more extensive because there are more possible dealer 2-card hands than possible upcards. Part of basic strategy is to split 10s v. 13-16, which most players who know what they are doing in regular BJ and most less knowledgeable players will not do. Thus, the general public loses faster at this game than at regular BJ. Having to hit 10-10 v. dealer's 10-10 and losing 12/13 of the time is a frustrating experience. Perhaps this is why the game is not popular. Cf. Spanish 21 with all of its options and bonuses.

CV Data currently allows dealer wins tied 17, dealer wins tied 18, dealer wins tied 19, dealer wins tied 20 and dealer wins tied 21.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: It's "zweikartENspiel," guys

"Two cards (plural) play."

Don

ES

ES: What is your opinion of this game? *NM*