Thread: TIA: How do you clean laptop's screen?

TIA

TIA: How do you clean laptop's screen?

heard you are not supposed to touch the screen. TIA

Parker

Parker: Re: How do you clean laptop's screen?

> heard you are not supposed to touch the
    > screen. TIA

Where did you hear that? I touch mine all the time. One time I even used it to break my fall in an airport (not recommended).

I consider Toshiba laptops to be among the best made, so I asked them. This is straight from Toshiba:

"To clean the screen on your Toshiba PC or PDA, lightly moisten a soft cloth with regular glass cleaner (like Windex and similar products) and gently wipe the screen until it's clean.

"Glass cleaning products like Windex are generally OK for cleaning LCD screens, but should never be used on the plastic casework of the PC or PDA, and should never be sprayed directly onto the PC or PDA. Always spray cleaning agents onto a cloth (away from your PC or PDA), then wipe the screen with the moistened cloth.

"There may be 3rd party products available in your local computer store for cleaning laptop screens. These are generally OK to use to clean your Toshiba PC or PDA's screen, but you should never use them on the plastic casework.

"Regardless of which product you use, you should be extremely careful to keep liquid, including cleaning fluids, out of the computer?s keyboard, speaker grille and other openings. Never spray liquids directly onto your PC or PDA as they can drip down into the system and damage it. Likewise, you should never use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning agents on your Toshiba PC. Damage to your Toshiba PC or PDA caused by misdirected liquids is not covered under the Toshiba Standard Warranty."

I assume that it would be safe to follow the same procedures on other brands of laptops.