Thread: Greasy John: Hi-OPT 1 SIMS

Greasy John

Greasy John: Hi-OPT 1 SIMS

Perhaps this is an inappropriate question but I'm looking for free sims of HI-OPT 1 up to about
    +/-20. The world's greatest Blackjack book only shows them to +/- 6. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Parker

Parker: Re: Hi-OPT 1 SIMS

> Perhaps this is an inappropriate question
    > but I'm looking for free sims of HI-OPT 1 up
    > to about
    > +/-20. The world's greatest Blackjack book
    > only shows them to +/- 6. Any suggestions
    > would be appreciated.

Perhaps this is an inappropriate answer, but here is a suggestion: Stop being such a cheapskate and buy CVData or SBA and generate indices to your heart's content. As a bonus, you will find plenty of other uses for these excellent products.

Hey, this site is supported by such purchases. What kind of an answer did you expect?

Nope

Nope: Re: Hi-OPT 1 SIMS

> Perhaps this is an inappropriate answer, but
    > here is a suggestion: Stop being such a
    > cheapskate and buy CVData or SBA and
    > generate indices to your heart's content. As
    > a bonus, you will find plenty of other uses
    > for these excellent products.

> Hey, this site is supported by such
    > purchases. What kind of an answer did you
    > expect?

And some of your products are not good at all.
    Here is an exemple: Killer poker and Killer poker online.

I bought these books at my local bookstore while I knew nothing about poker. Well, now I am a winning player, and I think this is one of the worst book on poker ever written. By the way, Malson Malmuth (who gives the same kind of answer as you) say those two books suck.

So really, I think they remove a lot of your credibility. They aren't based on math. You should read Malson Malmuth review of Killer Poker. It is exactly my thoughts.

Did I mentionned, I also bought BJRM 2002 on bj21 and guess what, I can do the same thing with an excel spreadsheet and simulations results. I wasted money on this thing. I don't understand what people find interesting in this software. (And worse it is always bugging)

By the way I think you have some great products too. But Killer Poker is ugly... Have you read it?

(I hope I won't get kicked for not liking some of your products)

Parker

Parker: Response

> And some of your products are not good at
    > all.
    > Here is an exemple: Killer poker and Killer
    > poker online.

> I bought these books at my local bookstore
    > while I knew nothing about poker. Well, now
    > I am a winning player, and I think this is
    > one of the worst book on poker ever written.
    > By the way, Malson Malmuth (who gives the
    > same kind of answer as you) say those two
    > books suck.

> So really, I think they remove a lot of your
    > credibility. They aren't based on math. You
    > should read Malson Malmuth review of Killer
    > Poker. It is exactly my thoughts.

> Did I mentionned, I also bought BJRM 2002 on
    > bj21 and guess what, I can do the same thing
    > with an excel spreadsheet and simulations
    > results. I wasted money on this thing. I
    > don't understand what people find
    > interesting in this software. (And worse it
    > is always bugging)

This assumes that you have simulation software, Excel, and are comfortable working with Excel spreadsheets. BJRM 2002 is merely a set of pre-run SBA sims coupled with a user-friendly front-end for viewing them. I find it extremely useful when I just need some quick ball-park numbers for a particular game and spread, and don't feel like going to the hassle of running a full-blown sim in order to get them. If I want exact numbers for a particular game and/or a detailed analysis, I'll use CVCX/CVData instead, but BJRM is a handy tool. I don't find it buggy at all - perhaps you have other problems with your system.

> By the way I think you have some great
    > products too. But Killer Poker is ugly...
    > Have you read it?

I haven't read it yet, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Furthermore, I have a great deal of respect for Malmouth. However, several experienced poker pros whose opinions I also respect have recommended Killer Poker to me. So, your opinion (and Malmouth's) is not universal.

> (I hope I won't get kicked for not liking
    > some of your products)

Not at all. However, I will point out that if you had purchased Killer Poker and Killer Poker Online from us (instead of your local bookstore), you could return them for a full refund.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Minority of one

> Did I mentionned, I also bought BJRM 2002 on
    > bj21 and guess what, I can do the same thing
    > with an excel spreadsheet and simulations
    > results. I wasted money on this thing. I
    > don't understand what people find
    > interesting in this software. (And worse it
    > is always bugging)

BJRM 2002 is much more than just pre-run simulations. It has several amazing features, such as the Random Walk, ROR calculators, Systems 101 (indices for many counts), etc. You are the first person out of hundreds who hasn't raved about John's genial product. Of course, you're entitled to your opinion, but you should know that you're a minority of one.

Don

John

John: Re: Hi-OPT 1 SIMS

> but I'm looking for free sims of HI-OPT 1 up
    > to about
    > +/-20. The world's greatest Blackjack book
    > only shows them to +/- 6. Any suggestions
    > would be appreciated.

Why don't you use http://www.bjmath.com/bjmath/tcindex/Generator.zip

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Keep in mind

That spreadsheet is quite clever and is good enough for shoes. But, algebraic calculation of indexes is not accurate. It's only an approximation.

> Why don't you use
    > http://www.bjmath.com/bjmath/tcindex/Generator.zip