Thread: Thomas: CVDATA and CVCX

Thomas

Thomas: CVDATA and CVCX

Are there different methods for computing dollars/hr in CVDATA compared to CVCX? For $25 minimum spread 1 to 12. Play at start of shuffle, wong out at -1, I get about $23.78/hr on CVDATA with Basic Hi-Lo but the same spread and Betting scheme gets me about $43/hr on CVCX. Is it something with the wonging that is making a difference?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: CVDATA and CVCX

For historical reasons, one uses hands played per hour and one uses hand seen (including skipped hands.) Both CVData and CVCX are changed in V3 to allow each to look at either method of calculation.

> Are there different methods for computing
    > dollars/hr in CVDATA compared to CVCX? For
    > $25 minimum spread 1 to 12. Play at start of
    > shuffle, wong out at -1, I get about
    > $23.78/hr on CVDATA with Basic Hi-Lo but the
    > same spread and Betting scheme gets me about
    > $43/hr on CVCX. Is it something with the
    > wonging that is making a difference?

Harold

Harold: Confused

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

> For historical reasons, one uses hands
    > played per hour and one uses hand seen
    > (including skipped hands.)

What do you mean by "For historical reasons" and which one uses hands played per hour and hands seen?

I assume since CVDATA's win rate is much lower than CVCX, then CVDATA is actually simming all hands seen and including this in hands per hour.

Does this mean when "wonging out" CVDATA includes ALL negative counts in data(as in -1 to -100) as "hands seen" and the player is only making bets when -1 and higher TC's occur?

Harold

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Confused

Sorry about the short answer, had a bad weekend. (My site had a disaster.) It depends on the data that you are looking at. In the current versions, CVData and CVCX both use hands seen for the $WinRate values. The RoR calculators change this to hands played. This is altered in V3; although it has no effect on results. In V3, both CVData and CVCX are updated to provide more flexibility in this area. To obtain the same results, you must make certain the betting is the same in both sims. Also, you must set Wonging in CVData to multiple entries per shoe as this is how CVCX works. The results should be extremely close; but not identical. CVData accurately handles the fact that wonging alters the number of players at the table. This cannot be handled quite correctly with pre-run sims.

Harold

Harold: Re: Confused

>It depends on the data that you are looking at.

The win rate.

> In the current versions, CVData and CVCX
    > both use hands seen for the $WinRate values.

Then why is the win rate lower using CVDATA,is this the old version of CVdata2 that Thomas is asking about? When "wonging out at -1" is CVdata2 still continuing to sim ALL negative counts in the data of "win rate" as seen hands and the player is only making bets when -1 and higher TC's occur or does it reshuffle?

Harold

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Confused

CVData does whatever you want. I'd have to see the configuration to see what it did. This can easily be exported using the Tools - Export function.

> The win rate.

> Then why is the win rate lower using
    > CVDATA,is this the old version of CVdata2
    > that Thomas is asking about? When
    > "wonging out at -1" is CVdata2
    > still continuing to sim ALL negative counts
    > in the data of "win rate" as seen
    > hands and the player is only making bets
    > when -1 and higher TC's occur or does it
    > reshuffle?

> Harold