Thread: Josh: Norm, a few questions

Josh

Josh: Norm, a few questions

Hi Norm. I have one or two questions. I love the composition-dependent option to calculate indices but am I allowed to use them in simulations? I looked in the cvdata manual but could not find anything about it. Also, can you give me some kind of sample of how to use the "special action" area? Would that be where the composition-dependent indices go? I would like to use regular indices for everything but 16 v 10 and with 16 v 10 use composition-dependent. Is this possible?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Norm, a few questions

CVData does not accept composition-dependant indexes for simulation. I had thought of adding it for V3; but they are not used that much. V3 is not yet closed and I will take a look at it. The problem is coming up with an easy method of specifying such indexes. V3 does have a new feature that allows you to vary the index by number of cards. So you can have separate two-card, three-card, etc indexes for 16v10. I think that this is actually more valuable. Although I haven't tested the value.

Josh

Josh: Re: Norm, a few questions

I think I will look into that and try it. Hey, boy, that is the best blackjack game I've ever played. I'm not kidding. I played it for about 6 hours tonight working on my shuffle tracking/ace sequencing. I'm finding out that something was working because I was winning quite a bit. Hopefully, with time, I will become better and better. If you programmed that game, I believe that you are very talented. It's a work of blackjack art.