Thread: boy1935: why BJ software???

boy1935

boy1935: why BJ software???

Hallo to all,

this is the first time, I am looking on this computer site and have a basic question. For what reason do I need a BJ software? What should I simulate? The betting ramp or what? I know, how to spread my bets according to the different TCs.
    Which exclusive information can I receive by the software,which is not available in books like BJA or in the forums?
    Please tell,what kind of necessity there is, of simulating some things, which are very important to me, and which will increase my earnings.
    Thank you.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: A fair question (long)

Doesn't look long does it That's because I liked the question and thought I'd keep the answer on my website. Click the link below to read it. But keep in mind that I write BJ software and that could factor into my objectivity.

Parker

Parker: Short answer

Because we can.

We use BJ software for essentially the same reasons that we use computers for anything.

Sure, it is possible to practice card counting with nothing but a deck of cards. People did it that way for years. However, using a practice program is a lot less boring and provides us with much more feedback as to how we are doing. It also allows us to pinpoint specific areas of weakness in out game and concentrate on those areas.

It is also possible to calculate risk of ruin, bankroll requirements, optimal bet ramps, indices, etc. manually, or obtain ball park figures from the various reference works. It is also possible to do long division by hand. Simulators allow us to effortlessly obtain precise numbers for the specific games that we will be playing.

Our edge is small, today's games are not as good as the "old days," and surveillance, armed with its own software, is sharper than ever. We need to use all the tools available in order to optimize our game.

boy1935

boy1935: Re: A fair question (long)

> Doesn't look long does it That's because I
    > liked the question and thought I'd keep the
    > answer on my website. Click the link below
    > to read it. But keep in mind that I write BJ
    > software and that could factor into my
    > objectivity.

I am surprised by myself, that I put my question in a way, that made you able, to answer to every keyword I mentioned in it(BJA, betting ramp,etc.)with the help of your website.
    I tell you, that I wasn`t on the part of your website ever before, which you gave the link at.
    And I am also impressed, that you are giving to the users of bj software the answers to questions, they could put, if they have doubts of the need.
    For my part: BJ software is good for the fine tuning.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: A fair question (long)

> I tell you, that I wasn`t on the part of
    > your website ever before, which you gave the
    > link at.

Good reason. I wrote that part of the website last night in response to your question. Thank you for the question.

Dancer

Dancer: One thing to add...

Great answer, Norm. I'd just add one thing you indirectly hit on with your RoR discussion.

Perhaps I'm alone in this, but I feel one of the greatest benefits I've personally gleaned from simulation software is the cold, hard realities of the breadth and depth of the dark side of standard deviation.

I've been playing for quite a number of years now, and long, protracted losing "streaks" have come my way on more occasions than I'd care to recollect.

I can't tell you how many hours I've spent analyzing the stats from CVData. I've taken thousands of "Random Walks" in BJRM. SBA and I have spent many a late night together.

Why do I do it? Because when it's two in the morning, you've just had your head kicked in for the umpteenth straight session, and your bankroll is riding the proverbial logarithmic rollercoaster, the only solace we have left is to trust that the math is right.

Thank you to all the developers out there that share their passions and unending toils with the faceless masses.

Dancer