Thread: neptune: spreadsheet problems....

neptune

neptune: spreadsheet problems....

i just purchased DUNBAR'S RISK ANALYZER.

my problem is my computer doesn't have microsoft office on it to run the .xls programs. i downloaded a microsoft excel viewer as freeware and i can open the spreadsheet, but it cannot run the necessary calculations.

i really don't feel like buying a $399 application to run a $15 program. i do have microsoft word on my hard drive.

any ideas......

Parker

Parker: Free spreadsheet program

> i just purchased DUNBAR'S RISK ANALYZER.

> my problem is my computer doesn't have
    > microsoft office on it to run the .xls
    > programs. i downloaded a microsoft excel
    > viewer as freeware and i can open the
    > spreadsheet, but it cannot run the necessary
    > calculations.

> i really don't feel like buying a $399
    > application to run a $15 program. i do have
    > microsoft word on my hard drive.

> any ideas......

Go to the link below and download and install OpenOffice. It is an office suite similar to MS Office that includes a spreadsheet program that will handle most Excel documents if they are not too exceptionally complex. IIRC, it handled Dunbar's spreadsheet just fine.

The best part is, it is free.

The worst part is, at least if you are on a dial-up connection, it is a 51 MB download.

Remember, in advantage play, patience is an important virtue.

chem nerd

chem nerd: Re: spreadsheet problems....

Is this spreadsheet somehow different from the free version available on bjmath.com? Hard to tell from the descriptions on bj21 and bjmath, but jeez... the formulas are straight from BJA, and you can do all this stuff yourself in a matter of minutes.

chem nerd