As some of you guys know, I use Netscape and not IE, and it's not easy bucking the trend!

In any event, I recently got a new Microsoft Internet keyboard and was able to reprogram a few of the IntelliChoice Pro keys to open various pages, in particular, my Netscape browser and my Netscape bookmarks.

The bookmark page worked perfectly fine until this morning, when, for no apparent reason whatsoever, pushing the button now opens the bookmarks in IE, rather than in Netscape!

It's as if Microsoft sabotaged the button and, after about a month, decided that it would aggravate me by not letting me open the bookmarks in Netscape anymore (at least not by using the shortcut button).

Now, understand that this is no big deal, since I don't need the button; I'm perfectly capable of opening the bookmarks the "old fashioned way," once in Netscape. But, it pisses me off no end that, suddenly, out of nowhere, this can happen.

Attempts to reprogram the file path so that the button works as before have all failed. Everything leads back to the bookmark's now being opened in IE.

Is Microsoft really that devious that they could actually do such a thing? Silly question; to ask it is to answer it, I'm afraid!

Thanks for any light any of you can shed on this mystery.

Don