Thread: Buick Riviera: Free AntiVirus

Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera: Free AntiVirus

This board recently discussed free word processing programs. Along a similar vein, I have some questions about free antivirus programs.

The computer guru at my office has recommended Norton AV for the server and Grisoft.com AV (a free download, apparently of European origin) for each of the local stations. His theory is that we will have good protection without the cost of Norton AV for each of the network stations.

Since I'm the guy who has to make the decision, would I be penny wise and pound foolish to follow this recommendation? Can anyone comment on free AV programs that may be available or comment on Grisoft.com in particular?

I've included the link to Grisoft.com if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
    Buick

Viktor Nacht

Viktor Nacht: I use AVG exclusively...

on the PCs I'm forced to run. It has all the standard features, except Grisoft also includes self-updating virus definitions in the free version.

Used in conjunction with the free version of Zone Alarm, you have all the protection 99% of users will ever need.

Good Cards,

V