Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Schlesinger: Compaq keyboard

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Compaq keyboard

My Compaq Internet-ready (smart keys) keyboard is showing its age, with the space bar half broken and the shift key only so-so. I doubt that it's worth having repaired.

Does anyone know of a site online where I can order a new keyboard?

Thanks.

Don

Titaniumman

Titaniumman: (Message Deleted by Poster)

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: My recommendation

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll follow your advice. I actually like the keyboard and would be happy to simply replace it with the same model. But maybe I'll do better in person.

Don

Tiggis

Tiggis: 9$ any Comp USA *NM*

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: 9$ any Comp USA

Not the ones that have the Internet "smart" keys, and not, specifically, a Compaq keyboard, I don't think.

Don

Tiggis

Tiggis: U are right..

> Not the ones that have the Internet
    > "smart" keys, and not,
    > specifically, a Compaq keyboard, I don't
    > think.

> Don

Didnt read the whole message..

Your best bet is to look on ebay for a keyboard.. ordering from compaq will cost prob 90 dollars...

Comp usa can get you one (if they want too) but it will cost about a hundred .. thats a black chip .by God.

Tiggis

Tiggis: I found you one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2028952637
    Its 39 DOllars...

If you dont like that one..

just go to ebay and search for Compaq Keyboards

and it will list about 20

Tig

Parker

Parker: Keyboards

> My Compaq Internet-ready (smart keys)
    > keyboard is showing its age, with the space
    > bar half broken and the shift key only
    > so-so. I doubt that it's worth having
    > repaired.

> Does anyone know of a site online where I
    > can order a new keyboard?

I agree with T-man - the "feel" of a keyboard is extremely important to me. I would not dream of buying one without trying it first.

Sort of like marrying a girl without . . . nah, never mind. :-)

There are a variety of keyboards with a vast array of features. Don't be afraid to shop around.

Since you spend a lot of time online, you might try one of the "ergonomic" keyboards, with the angled, raised keys. They take a bit of getting used to, but my secretary swears by hers.

It does not have to be a Compaq keyboard - they are all pretty compatable, and the ones with special hotkeys come with the appropriate software. Compaq probably doesn't even manufacture their own keyboards.

It is difficult for me to type this, but I must admit that Microsoft makes a pretty decent keyboard.

CarlS

CarlS: MS Natrual Pro

Don,

I highly recommend Microsoft's Natural Pro keyboard. I've been using their Natural keyboards since they first made them. It has a split keyboard and is so much better for your wrists, hands and arms, especially if you do lots of typing.

You can get one new for $55 from here a place I buy from a lot called Microchip Computers here in Austin. The link below is to the keyboard page so you can see what it looks like.

It does have a complete set of customizable extra buttons that have many Internet related defaults.

-Carl

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Thanks to everyone . . .

for your advice and suggestions. I'll look around and see whatI come up with.

Don

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Thanks to everyone . . .

> for your advice and suggestions. I'll look
    > around and see whatI come up with.

Tonight, I bought a Microsoft Internet keyboard. Looks pretty good, but haven't installed the software yet.

Don

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: All installed!

> Tonight, I bought a Microsoft Internet
    > keyboard. Looks pretty good, but haven't
    > installed the software yet.

Have installed everything, and I'm very pleased.

Don

CarlS

CarlS: Re: All installed!

Excellent!

Once you get used to the split keyboard style, you won't want to type on a regular keyboard again.

-Carl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast