Thread: Battery: Reno is going downhill

Battery

Battery: Reno is going downhill

I just checked into the Atlantis and got sort of a rude surprise. Half of the BJ tables now allow doubling only on 10 or 11. In other words, it becoming like downtown. There is an easy way to tell which table is which. The double on only 10 and 11 are green felt. The double on any first two cards are blue.

At least blackjacks still pay 3:2

I'll check out the Peppermill tomorrow.

Battery

Battery: Atlantis update

Last evening found all the $25 and $100 tables double on any first two. With only one blue exception the $5 tables were all double only on 10 and 11. Of course, the two non-smoking tables were green.

In other words, if you return to the Atlantis like I do because you like being able to move around from table to table and easily watch for a good count, you are now out of luck.

Battery

Battery: Peppermill report

Most of the snow has melted, the sidewalks are clear, and it was a nice morning to walk from the Atlantis up to the Peppermill.

The Peppermill has 25 blackjack tables and all but six have a sign saying "double only on 10 or 11". Unlike the Atlantis, you have to read the sign as there is no color coding.

To their credit, the tables in use were double on any first two cards.

Best of all, it turned out to be a very profitable session.

Small-Timer

Small-Timer: Re: Reno is going downhill

Thanks for the report. When I read your first sentence, I was expecting even worse news (e.g., they've become a clone of El Dorado). As you say, we should be thankful their BJs still pay 3:2. About how many $5 tables would you say they have open at any given time during a weekday afternoon? I don't get there very often, since I usually stay downtown.

> I just checked into the Atlantis and got
    > sort of a rude surprise. Half of the BJ
    > tables now allow doubling only on 10 or 11.
    > In other words, it becoming like downtown.
    > There is an easy way to tell which table is
    > which. The double on only 10 and 11 are
    > green felt. The double on any first two
    > cards are blue.

> At least blackjacks still pay 3:2

> I'll check out the Peppermill tomorrow.

Small-Timer

Small-Timer: Re: Peppermill report

Thanks again for your Reno reports. Same question I asked re: Atlantis: About how many $5 tables are open during a typical weekday? I haven't been to the Mill in over a year, but others have reported lots of heat there. Did you experience any?

> Most of the snow has melted, the sidewalks
    > are clear, and it was a nice morning to walk
    > from the Atlantis up to the Peppermill.

> The Peppermill has 25 blackjack tables and
    > all but six have a sign saying "double
    > only on 10 or 11". Unlike the Atlantis,
    > you have to read the sign as there is no
    > color coding.

> To their credit, the tables in use were
    > double on any first two cards.

> Best of all, it turned out to be a very
    > profitable session.

Battery

Battery: Re: Peppermill report

> Thanks again for your Reno reports. Same
    > question I asked re: Atlantis: About how
    > many $5 tables are open during a typical
    > weekday? I haven't been to the Mill in over
    > a year, but others have reported lots of
    > heat there. Did you experience any?

Sorry, I didn't see any reply to my Atlantis message or I would have replied back to you.

The Atlantis has two or three $5 tables in the daytime and they are the "double on first two" blue tables. In the evening there are a number of $5 tables but only one is double on first two. And, unfortunately, the two non-smoking tables are green.

I've only been to the Peppermill in the late morning when I go for my daily walk. At that time, there have been two $5 and two $25 tables in use and all of them were double on first two. I might find out what it is like in the evening tonight.

I don't play at a level where I have to be concerned with heat so I can't help you there.

bigplayer

bigplayer: Peppermill heat

The Peppermill has always been traditionally very heaty and protective of its games.

Battery

Battery: Re: Peppermill report

> Thanks again for your Reno reports. Same
    > question I asked re: Atlantis: About how
    > many $5 tables are open during a typical
    > weekday? I haven't been to the Mill in over
    > a year, but others have reported lots of
    > heat there. Did you experience any?

Sorry I can't provide much of a report on what it is like at the Peppermill in the evening. Tuesday is their weekly tournament night so I was not able to observe "normal" conditions. Besides, I sat down to play and after 8 hands I had one push and the rest losses. After that I did not feel like collecting anything for a report and walked out the door.

Automatic Monkey

Automatic Monkey: Re: Did you play at all outside Reno

Reno is an interesting place. It still has probably the best selection of SD games in the country, but I find the games outside the city even more interesting. Ever play at Boomtown?

On my next trip to the Reno area next month I haven't planned on playing within the city limits at all.

> I just checked into the Atlantis and got
    > sort of a rude surprise. Half of the BJ
    > tables now allow doubling only on 10 or 11.
    > In other words, it becoming like downtown.
    > There is an easy way to tell which table is
    > which. The double on only 10 and 11 are
    > green felt. The double on any first two
    > cards are blue.

> At least blackjacks still pay 3:2

> I'll check out the Peppermill tomorrow.

Battery

Battery: Re: Did you play at all outside Reno

> Reno is an interesting place. It still has
    > probably the best selection of SD games in
    > the country, but I find the games outside
    > the city even more interesting. Ever play at
    > Boomtown?

> On my next trip to the Reno area next month
    > I haven't planned on playing within the city
    > limits at all.

I have been to Boomtown in the past but did not make it this time as I did not rent a car. All I remember besides the good rules at Boomtown is that they do not burn a card there.

When you say you will be outside the city limits that must mean you will be spending some time in Sparks. Please make a full report on the Nugget if you can.