Thread: Joseph: Stand or surrender?

Joseph

Joseph: Stand or surrender?

Just a question about surrendering. Say I'm playing a 6D game and the count (hi-lo)is at +3 or higher. If I happen to be dealt a 15 vs dealer 10, should I still surrender or is it better to stand? If it's higher than +3, is there a point where it becomes better to stand? Another question on the same sort of subject is, how often does the dealer bust on a 10 when the count (again, hi-lo) is at +3? Will it be more often than when it is neutral, or less, or the same? Thanx.

Parker

Parker: Re: Stand or surrender?

> Just a question about surrendering. Say I'm playing a
    > 6D game and the count (hi-lo)is at +3 or higher. If I
    > happen to be dealt a 15 vs dealer 10, should I still
    > surrender or is it better to stand? If it's higher
    > than +3, is there a point where it becomes better to
    > stand? Another question on the same sort of subject
    > is, how often does the dealer bust on a 10 when the
    > count (again, hi-lo) is at +3? Will it be more often
    > than when it is neutral, or less, or the same? Thanx.

If surrender is allowed, we surrender the hand at/above 0. The only time we ever stand on 15 vs 10 is if we cannot surrender (and, of course, we are at/above the hit-stand index).

The dealer will bust less often overall as the count increases, and definitely less often with a 10 upcard, but more often with stiff upcards.

Joseph

Joseph: Thanks!

For some reason I thought the dealer busts more often during higher counts because he would more often make wider jumps. My attempt at trying to understand the game intuitively (to picture it in my head)! Thanks for your response.