Thread: spraymaster112: speed count

spraymaster112

spraymaster112: speed count

hi i would like to no if all of you heard of the new count called speed count. developed by dan pronovost & deepnet technologies are its called gtb golden touch blackjack and if so how & can it work like there saying it can thanks [email protected]

Parker

Parker: Re: speed count

> hi i would like to no if all of you heard of the new
    > count called speed count. developed by dan pronovost
    > & deepnet technologies are its called gtb golden
    > touch blackjack and if so how & can it work like
    > there saying it can thanks [email protected]

It has been discussed quite extensively on these forums. Use the search function link at the top of the index pages to search the Blackjack Main Forum for "speed count" (also referred to as SC or OPP). The most recent is a series of simulations done by Cacarulo, to which I have provided a direct link below.

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Re: speed count

> hi i would like to no if all of you heard of the new
    > count called speed count .. and if so how & can it work
    > like there saying it can.

If you are as new as your question indicates, with all due respect to Parker, I doubt his response was much help.

SC has been around a while and was previously taught only through the GTB school for $895. Apparently that same count was independently ginned up by an unrelated party and he named it the OPP count. So apparently, SC is now out of the bag and you can obtain/learn the system for free. BJF is your best bet to do that. It would seem the only reason to pay the $895 to GTB would be for the attendant seminar -which might have value for some.

[Although for that kinda money, you can come to my town and I'll teach you one on one for $895. ]

To answer your question directly, no, I don't believe it performs as first advertised. The main claim, generally, was that it was 75% or 80% as effective as HILO.

It's not. Not even close.

It depends on what you are wanting to do.

Do you want to just fool around, cut the house edge, maybe give yourself some small edge overall .. then pick up OPP and go with it. There have been many desparate claims made on behalf of SC/OPP but the Bishop of the First Church probably said it best .. it is basically for teaching your wife or girl friend (who won't really learn to count) so she dosen't lose all the money.

Do you want to learn how to really play and learn a system you can grow with? I'd suggest HILO or KO.

SC/OPP is initially free. HILO or KO is initially buying a book for about $20. They both will require many many questions later to a site like this one.

Good luck.

V-man

V-man: SR! You should be in teaching :) *NM*

Parker

Parker: Re: speed count

> SC/OPP is initially free. HILO or KO is initially
    > buying a book for about $20. They both will require
    > many many questions later to a site like this one.

Actually, you can learn the KO Rookie system (which Cacarulo's sims showed to be much more effective than SC/OPP) for free, simply by going to the KO website (www.koblackjack.com) where the chapter from the book covering the KO Rookie count is quoted in its entirety.

I'm assuming that anyone reading this already has a computer and an Internet connection. :-)

Fred Renzey

Fred Renzey: Re: speed count

> Do you want to learn how to really play and learn a
    > system you can grow with? I'd suggest HILO or KO.

>snip: A count system that was designed specifically for "growing into" is the KISS Count. It comes in three flavors; KISS I, II and III -- and upgrades easily from flavor to flavor. I tested KISS alongside the full matrix Hi/Lo (75 indices). In the shoe games KISS I yielded 66% as much net EV; KISS II yielded 89%, and KISS III yielded 97%. In double deck, KISS I yielded 61%, KISS II did 85%, and KISS III yielded 95% of Hi/Lo's net EV.

All three flavors are level one unbalanced counts that use only positive IRC's and the same Pivot with any number of decks. KISS I tracks 50% of the cards, KISS II tracks 65% and KISS III tracks 81%. With each upgrade, you merely add one low and one high rank of cards to your count structure.

I'd be thrilled if anyone else ran some sims to verify these findings.

Titan5

Titan5: Re: speed count

> I'm assuming that anyone reading this already has a
    > computer and an Internet connection. :-)

I just opened the locked drawer with a key. Inside the drawer there is a note saying: "I assume you have a key to open this drawer."

spraymaster112

spraymaster112: Re: speed count

> It has been discussed quite extensively on these
    > forums. Use the search function link at the top of the
    > index pages to search the Blackjack Main Forum for
    > "speed count" (also referred to as SC or
    > OPP). The most recent is a series of simulations done
    > by Cacarulo, to which I have provided a direct link
    > below.
    thanks alot after reading alot of things on your site i no this would not give you much . i should of never ask but i did and i see sc is not for me thanks to all of yous