Thread: ccwannabe: Ace-Five count question

ccwannabe

ccwannabe: Ace-Five count question

I'm a BS player that only plays shoe games with the normal rules plus LS and S17. House edge 0.36%

I'd like to incorporate the Ace-Five count into my play but need to know the following.

1. Was this count designed only for sd dealt to the bottom.

2. Can it be used for shoes and if so is a TC needed.

3. If it can be used how much does it lower the house edge.

Fred Renzey

Fred Renzey: Re: Ace-Five count question

> I'm a BS player that only plays shoe games
    > with the normal rules plus LS and S17. House
    > edge 0.36%
    > I'd like to incorporate the Ace/5 Count.

>snip: The Ace/5 Count (5's = +1 & Aces = -1) has only a 54% betting correlation. I have no hard simulation data, but I don't think it can get the job done against a six deck shoe without a massive betting spread.

If you can add in the 4's as a +1 and the 10-spots as a -1, your betting correlation will jump to 70% and you'll find more spots where you should raise your bets. You would want to begin betting multiple units at:
    +6 RC, one deck into the shoe
    +5 RC, two decks in
    +4 RC, three decks in
    +3 RC, four decks in

The further above those trigger points your count goes, the more you should bet. My general feeling is that a 1-to-6 spread should probably eek you over the threshold from underdog to tiny favorite. But again -- no supporting data.

Jean Jacques Robert

Jean Jacques Robert: Re: Ace-Five count: Message to Fred Renzey

This question reminds me that the Ace-Five count can be used as a betting side count for Renzey's mentor count, thus increasing the BC from 0.970 to 0.994. I know that Mentor was meant to be used without any side count and that betting side counts are used in ace neutral counts, like Hi-Opt or Omega II. It's just for those who are already thoroughly comfortable with mentor and who wish to take this challenge and improve their strategy by 5-6%

Fred Renzey

Fred Renzey: Re: Ace-Five count: Message to Fred Renzey

> The Ace-Five
    > count can be used as a betting side count
    > for Renzey's mentor count, thus increasing
    > the BC from 0.970 to 0.994.

>snip: Just blending that Ace/5 count integrally into the main body of the Mentor Count would turn the Mentor into the Wong Halves, yielding the .994 BC. Note that the Wong Halves goes:
    1-2-2-3-2-1-0-m1-m2-m2.
    It would also however, lower the PE down to .565.

Jean Jacques Robert

Jean Jacques Robert: Re: Ace-Five count: Message to Fred Renzey

I already know that. This is why I only suggested Halves as a betting side count and not playing side count. Mentor outperforms Halves in all Ill 18 plays (except 16 V 9).