Thread: hit_or_stand: Ramp of 6 in TKO-8deck

hit_or_stand

hit_or_stand: Ramp of 6 in TKO-8deck

Game conditions: 8 decks, 75%pen, S17,DOA, No Surrender, INS; 3:2. spread of 1-20

Ok I'm just a beginner so excuse my ambiguity to explain correctly....

In this game condition TKO says there is no benefit to use a ramp because there is no advantage using a ramp what does this mean..... if i reach the key count of -6.....and I wager 1-20 spread.....I have no advantage of waiting till i reach the pivot point of +4....to say that spreading (1-5 from -6 to -2) and (1-10 from -1 to +3) and then start my 1-20 wager once i reach that pivot point......basically what I'm asking is the key count of -6 until the pivot point of +4 what should I do.....granted that I'm not using it as a cover play.

Parker

Parker: I don't understand

> Game conditions: 8 decks, 75%pen, S17,DOA,
    > No Surrender, INS; 3:2. spread of 1-20

> Ok I'm just a beginner so excuse my
    > ambiguity to explain correctly....

> In this game condition TKO says there is no
    > benefit to use a ramp because there is no
    > advantage using a ramp what does this
    > mean..... if i reach the key count of
    > -6.....and I wager 1-20 spread.....I have no
    > advantage of waiting till i reach the pivot
    > point of +4....to say that spreading (1-5
    > from -6 to -2) and (1-10 from -1 to +3) and
    > then start my 1-20 wager once i reach that
    > pivot point......basically what I'm asking
    > is the key count of -6 until the pivot point
    > of +4 what should I do.....granted that I'm
    > not using it as a cover play.

"TKO" as commonly used refers to "True-counted KO." If you are true-counting, the key count becomes irrelevant, and the pivot would be at 0, not +4.

If you are using KO in the usual running count mode, you would start to raise your bet at the key count and ramp up as you approach the pivot.

The only time some sort of bet ramp would not be optimal is if you were wonging in at a very high count. Who or what says otherwise?

BJ Majish

BJ Majish: Re: Ramp of 6 in TKO-8deck

If you are talking about "Knock-Out Blackjack", a reference would help. On what page does it recommend against a ramp? With this information, we could check the context and possibly give a meaningful response.