Thread: Myooligan: Rounded Index Numbers

Myooligan

Myooligan: Rounded Index Numbers

Are there any resources available to help one create "rounded" index numbers, like the ones used in the K-O system? I'm looking for either an article ranking indices by the importance (ie, e.v.) of precision in their usage, or some sort of spreadsheet that calculates the same thing, but adjusted to a particular counting system.

thanks in advance,
    Myoo

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Rounded Index Numbers

CVData will create rounded index numbers if you wish. But, I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for. Spreadsheets can only give good estimates. Very fast spreadsheets or programs like BJStrat cannot provide accurate numbers.

Myooligan

Myooligan: Re: Rounded Index Numbers

> CVData will create rounded index numbers if
    > you wish. But, I'm not sure exactly what
    > you're looking for.

Primarily, I'm trying to avoid memorizing completely different index numbers for single and multi-deck play. I want to find instances where, say, if the SD index is +2, and the MD index +4, I can get away with just using +3 either way, with negligible losses. Can CVData do that?

thx,
    Myoo

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Rounded Index Numbers

> Primarily, I'm trying to avoid memorizing
    > completely different index numbers for
    > single and multi-deck play. I want to find
    > instances where, say, if the SD index is +2,
    > and the MD index +4, I can get away with
    > just using +3 either way, with negligible
    > losses. Can CVData do that?

Surely. The best method is to generate perfect indexes, and then look at the report to see where bending an index doesn't appear to make much difference. Then fine tune using sims. The reports show that some indexes make only a tiny difference when changed by one or two or even more in some cases.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Incidentally

I call these 'compromise indexes.' Rounded refers to the method of TC calculation used in both generating and using indexes.

Myooligan

Myooligan: Thanks Norm! *NM*