Thread: SpiderMan: How come Soft Doubling...

SpiderMan

SpiderMan: How come Soft Doubling...

& Pair Splitting indices (esp. DAS) are rarely used?

Ouchez

Ouchez: I use them all the time. You should too.

> & Pair Splitting indices (esp. DAS) are
    > rarely used?

What makes you think they are rarely used?

Ouchez.

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Re: How come Soft Doubling...

> rarely used?

By learning the ILL 18 and the Fab Four indices you have captured roughly 75% of all the advantage available from learning ALL 175 or so possible indices.

That puts most of the ones you refer to, in the 'rare' 25% minority.

I suppose that is an answer.

Once you have played as long as Ouchez, you can't help but start adding in some of the less valuable, but valuable none the less, deviations.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: How come Soft Doubling...

> rarely used?

Because soft hands and pair splits come up as holdings much, much less frequently than do other hands, such as stiffs and hard doubles.

Don

SpiderMan

SpiderMan: Re: I use them all the time. You should too.

Well, most of the pair splitting indices for DAS are -ve, while the ones for Soft Doubling (eg. vs. the dealer's 2) are hige +ses.

I think that is why some unbalanced systems does not give indices for Soft Doubling & DAS pair splitting.