Thread: Victor Francis: Beginning Indexes

Victor Francis

Victor Francis: Beginning Indexes

I decided it is time to learn indexes. My first thought was to use the Sweet 16 instead of Illustrious 18 because I think splitting 10s looks funny. I read through the Illustrious 18 chapter in BJA3. My plan is to use the top 12 index plays, i.e. he "even dozen". But I will still skip the splitting of 10's. Does this make sense? Am I getting maximum gain for my index learning buck?

Thanks in advance.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Beginning Indexes

> I decided it is time to learn indexes. My
    > first thought was to use the Sweet 16
    > instead of Illustrious 18 because I think
    > splitting 10s looks funny. I read through
    > the Illustrious 18 chapter in BJA3. My plan
    > is to use the top 12 index plays, i.e. he
    > "even dozen". But I will still
    > skip the splitting of 10's. Does this make
    > sense? Am I getting maximum gain for my
    > index learning buck?

Well, you'd be getting maximum gain WITH ten-splitting, but I don't suggest doing it, either. Add doubling 8 v. 5 and 6, instead.

Don

> Thanks in advance.

Victor Francis

Victor Francis: Re: Beginning Indexes

> Well, you'd be getting maximum gain WITH
    > ten-splitting, but I don't suggest doing it,
    > either. Add doubling 8 v. 5 and 6, instead.

> Don

Thanks, I added that to my practice.

I have a stupid question and I think I know the answer. At a count of 3 or higher you would take insurance. At a count of 1 or higher you would double down on 11 vs. Ace. My assumption is that you would double down and take insurance at a count of 3 or higher. I assume thgis because the insurance is a seperate bet. Is that correct?

Dog Hand

Dog Hand: Take Ins; if that loses, then double. *NM*