Thread: thall: HiOpt II

thall

thall: HiOpt II

Does anyone know where I could find the HiOpt II indexes? The count is easy enough and I have HiOpt I indexes but aren't sure if II is the same(or if the difference in the two is worth fooling with it). Also, I read in a Revere mailing I received that they no longer fool with the soft doubling indecies do to extra heat and miniscule advantage gained, does anyone else feel the same..

Parker

Parker: Re: HiOpt II

> Does anyone know where I could find the
    > HiOpt II indexes? The count is easy enough
    > and I have HiOpt I indexes but aren't sure
    > if II is the same(or if the difference in
    > the two is worth fooling with it).

You can order the complete, original Hi-Opt II report, which originally sold for $200, from our online catalog. I have conveniently provided a link below.

Alternatively, you could buy CVData and generate your own complete state-of-the-art set of indices.
    > Also, I
    > read in a Revere mailing I received that
    > they no longer fool with the soft doubling
    > indecies do to extra heat and miniscule
    > advantage gained, does anyone else feel the
    > same..

Depends. If you're playing mostly shoes, I'd tend to agree. However, I play mostly single and double deck games, and use indices for A8. I usually won't double A9 unless the count is in the stratosphere and I was planning on leaving anyway. Doubling A9 is almost as bad as splitting 10's, heat-wise.

thall

thall: Re: HiOpt II

> You can order the complete, original Hi-Opt
    > II report, which originally sold for $200,
    > from our online catalog. I have conveniently
    > provided a link below.
    > Alternatively, you could buy CVData and
    > generate your own complete state-of-the-art
    > set of indices

my question would be would the CVData program enable me to create indices as effective as the ones in the link for HiOpt II?

Mister M

Mister M: Re: HiOpt II

> Does anyone know where I could find the

CVBJ has the HI-OPT II indices as well as ALL other popular and more importantly workable systems.

As Parker mentions, you can generate your own set with either CVDATA or SBA.

CVBJ is an essential AP tool BTW and if you decide to use the indices provided with the software the difference will be negligable.

Parker

Parker: Re: HiOpt II

> my question would be would the CVData
    > program enable me to create indices as
    > effective as the ones in the link for HiOpt
    > II?

They would actually be more effective, since they would be generated with a state-of-the-art simulator, and you could custom-tailor them for the games you expect to be playing.

However, the increase in effectiveness would not amount to anything really significant.

thall

thall: Re: HiOpt II

> CVBJ has the HI-OPT II indices as well as
    > ALL other popular and more importantly
    > workable systems.

Before I spend time or money, are you saying HiOpt II is not "workable" and I should stick with HiOpt I or other workable systems?

Mister M

Mister M: Re: HiOpt II

> Before I spend time or money, are you saying
    > HiOpt II is not "workable" and I
    > should stick with HiOpt I or other workable
    > systems?

Not at all. CVBJ supplies the index numbers for all the most popular AND workable sytems.

This includes OPT II. It is indeed a 'workable' system but if all you have are the 8 deck monsters
    then IMHO go with an ace reckoned count.

Your choice of system will depend on your game conditions.

I use the Zen as I only play shoe games but may well switch to Omega II for single and Double Deck play.

OTOH I could stay with the Zen for Sd and increase my spread by 1 for example.

I still maintain that CVBJ is essential.