Thread: Victor Francis: Hi Lo Betting Question

Victor Francis

Victor Francis: Hi Lo Betting Question

I have been studying hi lo. I get very confused how many units I should bet compared to the true count. Professional Blackjack is very technical but I could not find a straight answer to this question. I play 6 deck games.

I thought of switching to KO or KISS because I was concerned about having to guess the number of decks left. Is my concern justified?

Does Blackjack in the Zone help with basic questions?

And finally - Thanks in advance!

Dancer

Dancer: Hi Lo Betting Answer

> I have been studying hi lo. I get very
    > confused how many units I should bet
    > compared to the true count. Professional
    > Blackjack is very technical but I could not
    > find a straight answer to this question. I
    > play 6 deck games.

> I thought of switching to KO or KISS because
    > I was concerned about having to guess the
    > number of decks left. Is my concern
    > justified?

> Does Blackjack in the Zone help with basic
    > questions?

> And finally - Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, there is no pat answer for, "How many units should I bet?" There are more variables than you'd think. You're only playing 6 deck, so that makes it a bit easier, but the rules you're playing against, the penetration, your bankroll, and the bet spread you're using are all critical factors to consider.

If you're considering betting even modest stakes, you should strongly consider buying Norm's CVCX software (available on this website). It will answer all these questions and dozens more you haven't even thought of yet.

KO is certainly comparable to Hi-Lo for shoe games, and as you mentioned, it doesn't require true count conversion. On the other hand, it doesn't take much practice to eye the discard tray and estimate the decks remaining. It's a personal preference. The advantage of a true-counted system is that, if you do decide to play against fewer decks someday, you won't have to learn an entirely new set of index numbers.

Fuzzy Math

Fuzzy Math: Re: Hi Lo Betting Question

> I have been studying hi lo. I get very
    > confused how many units I should bet
    > compared to the true count. Professional
    > Blackjack is very technical but I could not
    > find a straight answer to this question. I
    > play 6 deck games.

> I thought of switching to KO or KISS because
    > I was concerned about having to guess the
    > number of decks left. Is my concern
    > justified?

> Does Blackjack in the Zone help with basic
    > questions?

> And finally - Thanks in advance!

The following link contains a good explanation of how to set up a betting ramp for yourself. You'll need to adjust its numbers to match the particular rules (and their house edge) that you'll be facing, and for the size of your own bankroll. You'll want probably a 1-12 bet spread or more to handle the shoe game. Try for a table minimum low enough to allow you that spread without affecting the size of your max bet.

EA

EA: Re: Hi Lo Betting Question

My usual bet spread.
    positive true count x 2 = total units