Thread: fat chris: counting systems

fat chris

fat chris: counting systems

I am not to advantage play. I understand basic strategy, and am attempting to learn how to count cards. What is the "best" system to learn. By best, I mean which system will offer the best return compared with the ease of learning. I would put preference on the ease of learning.

What would be a good book to learn a system similar to the one I have described above? What hands change based on card count, or is it only the betting that changes?

Thanks for the advice

Ouchez

Ouchez: Learn Hi-LO and in 1 and 2d keep

> I am not to advantage play. I understand
    > basic strategy, and am attempting to learn
    > how to count cards. What is the
    > "best" system to learn. By best, I
    > mean which system will offer the best return
    > compared with the ease of learning. I would
    > put preference on the ease of learning.

> What would be a good book to learn a system
    > similar to the one I have described above?
    > What hands change based on card count, or is
    > it only the betting that changes?

> Thanks for the advice

a side of aces. The stats for play deviations are easy to find with Hi-Lo and I think more research has been done over the years with this system to bring out all its performance. Sorta like buying a car that has plenty of mods available for it.

Yes, you need to convert RC to TC but that is not a problem once you get the experience.

All the books you will need are available on this sites store. Just browse it.

"Can you hear the thunder"?
    Ouchez.

Viktor Nacht

Viktor Nacht: We recommend...

Blackjack Bluebook II: The Simplest Winning Strategies Ever Published by Fred Renzey, although don't let the title fool you, there are also some very exciting advanced concepts and system(s) in there as well.

It has everything I love in a good beginners book: Multiple levels of complexity and power to choose from, clear and concise writing, and it's in print.

You can buy BB-II here using the link below. Fred is a valued and frequent contributor to this site, so you also have the opportunity to interact with the him if you have any questions.

Good Cards,

V

p.s. The only practical second choice at this time is KO Blackjack, but we don't feel you would get the same value out of it, despite the fact it costs more. However, if you want maximum flexibility, you can consider buying both. If you want both, I'll give you 10% off if you email me.

fat chris

fat chris: Re: We recommend...

Thanks Victor, I am ordering it as we speak. To everybody, I'm still open to any other suggestions as well. I dont mind buying more than one book or learning more than one system if it will help me in the long run.

Parker

Parker: Re: We recommend...

> Thanks Victor, I am ordering it as we speak.
    > To everybody, I'm still open to any other
    > suggestions as well. I dont mind buying more
    > than one book or learning more than one
    > system if it will help me in the long run.

As Viktor mentioned, the Knockout (KO) count is one of the simplest, and covered in Knockout Blackjack, by Ken Fuchs and Olaf Vancura. As Viktor also mentioned, this book is not as comprehensive as Blackjack Bluebook.

Learning more than one system at a time is not a good idea, but there is no harm in studying several systems before deciding which one to use. All good blackjack books have a lot of useful info in them in addition to that which is specific to a particular counting system.

If you want to get a jump on things (not to mention saving a few bucks and getting some freebies), you could go ahead and order Blackjack Attack, 3rd Edition, by Don Schlesinger. It is not a beginner's book, but eventually you will find it invaluable.