Thread: terrellj: Floating Advantage

terrellj

terrellj: Floating Advantage

In Blackjack For Blood, Carlson advises the reader to follow betting indices that relate to the running count for each number of decks. I noticed that the actual true count for these indices actually decreased as the decks decreased. Is this supposed to make full use of the floating advantage? Because I thought that even though the floating advantage does exist, it's value is too small to take advantage of. Thanks

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Floating Advantage

> In Blackjack For Blood, Carlson advises the
    > reader to follow betting indices that relate
    > to the running count for each number of
    > decks. I noticed that the actual true count
    > for these indices actually decreased as the
    > decks decreased. Is this supposed to make
    > full use of the floating advantage? Because
    > I thought that even though the floating
    > advantage does exist, its value is too
    > small to take advantage of. Thanks

Can you give specific examples?

Don

terrellj

terrellj: Re: Floating Advantage

Sure, here are his betting indices (pg.89 of Blackjack For Blood) for when to double your bets with the Omega 2:

Bet = 2 units

Decks= 6 ; RC = +20 ; TC = 3.33

" "= 5 ; "" = +15 ; "" = 3

= 4 ; = +10 ; = 2.5

= 3 ; = +7 ; = 2.33

= 2 ; = +4 ; = 2

= 1.5 ; = +3 ; = 2

= 1 ; = +2 ; = 2

= .75 ; = +1 ; = 1.33

= .5 ; = 0 ; = --

So for example, if 5 decks remained with a running count greater than or equal to +15 the player would double their original bet to two units. (The column with true count numbers is my own division of the running count by the remaining decks)

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Floating Advantage

Without using the term, Bryce's footnote 19, at the bottom of p. 88, indicates that he is adjusting for floating advanatge. But, I can't give you any guarantee that he did it correctly.

Don