Thread: terrellj: Don's Simulations (Mentor Count)

terrellj

terrellj: Don's Simulations (Mentor Count)

Hey Don, have you ever ran a simulation to test the performance of Renzey's Mentor Count? and if you have, how did it perform against similiar level two counts such as the Revere Level 2, Zen Count, and Unbalanced Zen 2? Thanks

Parker

Parker: Mentor Count

> Hey Don, have you ever ran a simulation to
    > test the performance of Renzey's Mentor
    > Count? and if you have, how did it perform
    > against similiar level two counts such as
    > the Revere Level 2, Zen Count, and
    > Unbalanced Zen 2? Thanks

I'm sure that Don will correct me if I am mistaken, but I'm afraid that the Mentor count came along a little too late to be included in the count discussion in BJA3.

I ran a few sims myself using Norm's CVCX, and found that it out-SCORE'd Zen and UBZ2 by a small margin in both double and six deck games.

This despite that fact that I had to incorporate a few workarounds, such as cutting all of Fred's indices in half (with subsequent rounding), and being unable to simulate his multiplication method of TC conversion.

When CVData 3 becomes available I intend to run more sims, since it will have features that will allow me to sim the Mentor system exactly the way that Fred intended it to be used.

Stay tuned.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Mentor Count

Not much I can add. I only read the Renzy book a short while ago. The count in it looks very similar to existing Level 2 counts that Parker mentioned and, I'm sure, performs similarly to them.

Don