Thread: Frank: Bankroll

Frank

Frank: Bankroll

Just read a book by JP. He states that you should have a bankroll of $600 for $5 table play. He also states that your should set a loss limit of 40%. Breaking the $600 into 3 $200 sessions you can loose $80 each session. Why then should I bring $200 to the table? Let's say my bet in Vegas is up to $25. The situation calls for me to split and split again, leaving $75 on the table. Where do I need the rest of the $200? Why not just play the $80, and have a roll of say $300 for 3 sessions?

Parker

Parker: Forget it

> Just read a book by JP.

Stop right there. That was your first mistake. I hope you didn't pay money for this book. You don't actually expect me to try to explain something in a John Patrick book, do you?

JP's books are pure, unadulterated garbage, a scam perpetrated on the math-impaired. Even his basic strategy is wrong. He displays a complete disregard for the mathematic principles behind the game of blackjack.

For a good explanation of bankroll requirements, read Blackjack Attack, by Don Schlesinger, Professional Blackjack, by Stanford Wong, or even Knockout Blackjack, by Vancura & Fuchs. Or wait for my book.

Small Player

Small Player: What will be covered in your book?

>Or wait for my book.

What level will it be? When will it be available?

Parker

Parker: My book

> What level will it be? When will it be
    > available?

It will be a how-to book aimed at the beginner. It will cover the rules, basic strategy, and a level one counting system. It will also contain anecdotes from my playing experience and address some of the questions that keep popping up on these pages. The concept is to take someone from total newbie to the point where they will be ready to understand and appreciate the material in Don's Blackjack Attack.

I hope to have it done in time for Christmas.

SOTSOG

SOTSOG: You are too smart for John Patrick

by figuring out there is no need to take $200 to a table if you are going to stop playing as soon as you lose $80 -- You have shown yourself too intelligent to follow any of John Patrick's advice. Burn the book and forget anything you read in it.

Echoe

Echoe: Re: My book

Hurry up!

> It will be a how-to book aimed at the
    > beginner. It will cover the rules, basic
    > strategy, and a level one counting system.
    > It will also contain anecdotes from my
    > playing experience and address some of the
    > questions that keep popping up on these
    > pages. The concept is to take someone from
    > total newbie to the point where they will be
    > ready to understand and appreciate the
    > material in Don's Blackjack Attack. I hope
    > to have it done in time for Christmas.

ES

ES: Re: My book

A prequel to BJA3 is a good idea. I will suggest material for it after I read BJA3.

Parker

Parker: Re: My book

> A prequel to BJA3 is a good idea. I will
    > suggest material for it after I read BJA3.

Suggestions are most welcome.

Bettie

Bettie: In the meantime...

While we all wait, may I suggest Fred Renzey's Blackjack Bluebook II? It's the best new book for beginners that will take them to a real solid playing level. Parker's will likely go further, but Renzey's is a great beginner's book in the meantime.

Bettie

> It will be a how-to book aimed at the
    > beginner. It will cover the rules, basic
    > strategy, and a level one counting system.
    > It will also contain anecdotes from my
    > playing experience and address some of the
    > questions that keep popping up on these
    > pages. The concept is to take someone from
    > total newbie to the point where they will be
    > ready to understand and appreciate the
    > material in Don's Blackjack Attack. I hope
    > to have it done in time for Christmas.

Parker

Parker: Agree completely

> While we all wait, may I suggest Fred
    > Renzey's Blackjack Bluebook II? It's the
    > best new book for beginners that will take
    > them to a real solid playing level. Parker's
    > will likely go further, but Renzey's is a
    > great beginner's book in the meantime.

I'm not about to be drawn into any comparisons between Fred's book (or any other book) and my book-to-be, but right now Blackjack Bluebook II is the best thing out there for the beginner. It is accurate, up-to-date, thorough, and written in a manner that is easy to understand.

It should have topped my list of recommended books earlier in this thread, and I am happy to correct that oversight.

Jack Fate

Jack Fate: Re: My book

> Suggestions are most welcome.
    If you have not already done so maybe you should include a chapter on how rookies are sometimes seen "painfully obviously" counting. Also would like to see some words of wisdom on how to smoothly take ones game from red to green. Good luck with your progect,I'm sure it will be a great read.I'll send in my preorder next week.