Thread: Jack Fate: Two Deckers

Jack Fate

Jack Fate: Two Deckers

Can anyone direct me to the optimum basic stratagy for a 2 deck game with the following rules. DA2,nDAS,Sp3,H17,SpA1,and no surrender.I could also use the top three or four index plays for the same game. I use the hi-low opt1 count with no side count for aces.Thanks to any one who can help.

Parker

Parker: Re: Two Deckers

> Can anyone direct me to the optimum basic
    > stratagy for a 2 deck game with the
    > following rules. DA2,nDAS,Sp3,H17,SpA1,and
    > no surrender.I could also use the top three
    > or four index plays for the same game. I use
    > the hi-low opt1 count with no side count for
    > aces.Thanks to any one who can help.

Go to the link below and click on the "Basic Strategy Engine" link on the left. This will take you to a program that will produce the proper basic strategy for almost any game.

What is the "hi-low opt1" count? If you mean hi-lo, you don't need an ace side count. If you mean Hi-opt I, you should learn to use the ace side count or switch to Hi-lo.

Jack Fate

Jack Fate: Re: Two Deckers

Thanks for the link,exactly what I need. I should have said hi-opt1.If I side count aces how do I use that information? I've never bothered with it because I mostly play shoes.Am I correct in assuming this is only practical for a 1 deck game? I have heard some mention of a count called hi-low lite.Would this be useful to a rec player who needs to keep it simple? I would prefer to use a count 100% correct rather try something more effective and make mistakes. Thanks for your help.

Parker

Parker: Re: Two Deckers

> Thanks for the link,exactly what I need. I
    > should have said hi-opt1.If I side count
    > aces how do I use that information? I've
    > never bothered with it because I mostly play
    > shoes.Am I correct in assuming this is only
    > practical for a 1 deck game?

The use of the ace side count for Hi-opt 1 is detailed in The World's Greatest Blackjack Book, by Lance Humble.

Many serious players use an ace side count in shoe games. Personally, I find keeping track of 24 (or more) aces to be a real strain on the brain, so I have opted for an ace-reckoned count.

> I have heard
    > some mention of a count called hi-low
    > lite.Would this be useful to a rec player
    > who needs to keep it simple?

Hi-lo lite is discussed in Blackbelt in Blackjack, by Arnold Snyder, which unfortunately is out of print. Essentially it is the tried-and-true Hi-lo count, with a half-deck true count estimation and a reduced, rounded index matrix similar to that used in the Knockout count.

There is nothing wrong with good, old-fashioned Hi-lo, which is detailed in a number of books, most notably Professional Blackjack, by Stanford Wong, especially if one plays primarily shoe games.

> I would prefer
    > to use a count 100% correct rather try
    > something more effective and make mistakes.

A wise decision.

> Thanks for your help.

My pleasure.