Thread: Mr. Ed: Insurance Cover

Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed: Insurance Cover

The last time I played, for my first insurance bet I put down 100% of my original wager. Ploppy and dealer alike had a good laugh patiently explaining how you can only put half your bet up for insurance. They snickered when I hit A7v9, and rolled thier eyes when I doubled A7v6. In short, the PERFECT cover.

I also like the idea of trying to buy insurance against an ten!

But seriously, if a PB is told, "look out for players who insure large bets" what type of (FREE) cover can you possibly use?

And even more seriously, is this something I should worry about?

ivy kid

ivy kid: Re: Insurance Cover

> The last time I played, for my first
    > insurance bet I put down 100% of my original
    > wager. Ploppy and dealer alike had a good
    > laugh patiently explaining how you can only
    > put half your bet up for insurance. They
    > snickered when I hit A7v9, and rolled thier
    > eyes when I doubled A7v6. In short, the
    > PERFECT cover.

> I also like the idea of trying to buy
    > insurance against an ten!

> But seriously, if a PB is told, "look
    > out for players who insure large bets"
    > what type of (FREE) cover can you possibly
    > use?

> And even more seriously, is this something I
    > should worry about?

Mr. Ed: I like your cover of putting down the full insurance bet. Of course, that kind of "idiot" act works only as long as you keep your session short. Idiots don't magically play perfect basic strategy with proper count variations for two hours As for the other plays you mentioned, I think they fool the ploppies, dealers, and majority of others, but they are also the same plays that will get you nailed by the smart ones. E.g. - I hit a 12 vs. 6 recently at TC= -3. The table went nuts. The dealer hesitated. I did make a pat hand and win. Of course, then, I turned to the ploppies and listened to why I made the wrong play and thanked them dearly for their enlightenment of me. Yes, the play wowed the unknowing, but, do it in front of the wrong pit boss, and you might be out the door.

Dancer

Dancer: Re: Insurance Cover

> The last time I played, for my first
    > insurance bet I put down 100% of my original
    > wager. Ploppy and dealer alike had a good
    > laugh patiently explaining how you can only
    > put half your bet up for insurance. They
    > snickered when I hit A7v9, and rolled thier
    > eyes when I doubled A7v6. In short, the
    > PERFECT cover.

> I also like the idea of trying to buy
    > insurance against an ten!

The 100% insurance bit and insuring 10's are great ideas, but I'm not sure how you figure hitting A7 vs. 9 and doubling A7 vs. 6 is PERFECT cover. Just because you happened to sit down at a table with two clueless people, I hope you don't think you're fooling the people who actually do the barring.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Insurance Cover

There are verious Insurance cover possibilities. None are free but there are some that are inexpensive. Don's Domain contains some Insurance Cover sims.