Thread: Newby: Which Indices?

Newby

Newby: Which Indices?

My state-of-the-art blackjack software dutifully produces accurate indices for any combination of rules/decks/penetration I desire. The problem is, my all too mortal brain can't deal with multiple index numbers for the same hand.

I primarily play 2 games - 6D H17 DAS LS and 2D H17 DAS. I don't really need the S17 indices, thankfully, but there are quite a number of differences in the 2D game vs. the 6D game.

Logically, I would assume the 2D game is more sensitive to "exact" indices since more relative gain is realized from playing decisions. If I go with one set, is that the better choice?

Thanks for your insight...

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Which Indices?

Yes one would expect the 2D indexes to be the better compromise. Of course you can sim the 2D numbers with 6D and vice-versa and see.

Newby

Newby: Re: Which Indices?

> Yes one would expect the 2D indexes to be
    > the better compromise. Of course you can sim
    > the 2D numbers with 6D and vice-versa and
    > see.

Thanks Norm...

Am I just taking the easy way out here, or do "veteran" players actually learn different indices for different games?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Which Indices?

> Am I just taking the easy way out here, or
    > do "veteran" players actually
    > learn different indices for different games?

Veteran players normally specialize in hand-held or shoes. A few will play one for a couple months and then the other. Switching between nDAS/DAS or H17/S17 is much easier.